Aktuba Dungeon

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Aktuba Dungeon

Post by Tzan-01 »

I'm playing Theron's Quest for CSBWin. I'm at an area where, 1 flight down there are 2 keyholes but I have no keys. At the level I'm at I see a switch on the wall but there is a pit so I can't get to it. There is a column on the other side of the pit and I don't see any buttons on the pillar or anywhere else. I'm stuck, I have no idea what to do. Any clue?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Aktuba Dungeon

Post by Jan »

Unfortunately, your discription is too vague for me - I'm not sure about your position, so I'm not able to help you. I'm sorry. :(

But Aktuba is very short and simple, so I think you can look into CSBuild to find the solution - you won't spoil the game to yourself too much. :) Or, try to give us a more detailed discription of the place.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

i've played alot of that version but don't recognise it. jump down the pit?
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

I jump down the pit and it brings me to a water fountain and stairs going right back to where the pit and switch are. At one point there is an image of Chaos, but it has a spinner that makes you do an about face. If you turn right coming up the steps (instead of left) you come to a pit, a spinner and a blue field that also spins. In fact, this is how I came in to get to the place where a pit is under the switch. Both pits lead to a T shaped area where there's a water fountain to the right and stairs leading up to the left. I can't find a button, a switch, a fake wall to close the pit so I can get to the switch.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't know the dungeon names - what sort of creatures are you facing?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Tzan: I've looked into CSBuild and I think you're on a wrong track. As I understand the CSBuild, forget about the pit, switch, haze and teleporters. All you need is a
Spoiler
RA key
that opens one of the two locks you described in your first post. This key is in the
Spoiler
chest in the puzzle with small rooms, switches and teleporters at the end of the level with these pits. This puzzle works as the "Chambers of the Guardian" puzzle in DM (Choose Your Door - Choose Your Fate level).
If this is wrong or if it doesn't help you, I'll play the Aktuba dungeon myself and describe it for you.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

found the key and finished the first quest, and the second quest. I'm on the third. I have the master key and I've been through a lot of it. I've killed some spiders, now I'm at a place that's a stand still. If I step on a plate a wall opens to my right (I'm facing a master key hole). As soon as I step off the plate the wall closes back. I have to take at least 3 steps to get through but it closes as soon as I step off the plate. To my left I killed another spider straight ahead. It ends a blue field but I still can't get any further there. There are pits to the front and both sides. I'm stuck. Oh, where the wall disappears and comes back, to the left of it is a button on the wall and plate on the floor. I've put something on the plate since it clicks and hit the button but I get nothing. I've climbed down a pit but only come up the same stairs and make it to the same place. Below is a poison cloud trip behind fake walls in the center of the room, but that's after I climb down.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sadly, not played this one - I've only played four of five of the seven! Have you tried throwing things through the opened wall?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I've looked into CSBuild but this level is so chaotic that I can't make head nor tail of it. There are seven master key holes, and dozens of pits, plates, teleporters and switches. I'm lost, and I don't know where you are. The only advice I can give you here is to look into CSBuild. I'm sorry. I've failed. :(
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

CSBuild doesn't make much sense to me. I'm down to the south where looking across the pit I see (according to CSBuild) 4 VEN potions, though I only see 3. I also see stairs there, they go up. I can go a little more west and north and kill 2 more spiders but that doesn't open up any pits to allow me to go any further.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I'll PM you my e-mail address. Please, send me your save-game file and I'll try to look at it.

Perhaps you should also send it to Beowuuf. He's much much smarter than me in playing DM, so he'll be more likely to help you. You can see his e-mail at his avatar (I hope he wouldn't mind if you contact him personally).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't check that e-mail as regularly as I should, so let me know if you've e-mailed me and I can happily check it out for you!

CSBuild does sow exactly what's there, so i's more likely two VEN potions are ontop of each other than it being wrong.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

Jan, I emailed you my game to check out. I don't see where I can attach a file to beowuuf's email so I couldn't send it to him.

Beowuff, how do I attach a file in your email?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

:oops: Tzan, I have a bad news for you. I'm an idiot. :oops: Your email came into my SPAM BASKET, and I'm.... :oops: I'm used to empty the spam basket every time I check my email. So... I clicked on "empty the spam basket", as usually... but at the same moment I realised that there's an email with "Theron's Quest" as a subject. But... it was too late... it was done... I couldn't restore it... :oops: I'm an idiot. Sorry.

Erm - please - could you send it once again? Well - I hope I won't do it again... you know... habit is a second nature... :oops: I'm really very sorry. :oops: I'm a complete idiot. :oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

beowuuf at yahoo dot com is my e-mail address

I didn't get that you had moved on from the first dungeon, so I played through it and couldn't find the spiders. Wish i'd re-read the first post now.

I do have the feeling this dungeon I would have done, and the answer will be throwing something at the right time, manoeuvering stuff, etc

Anyway, send me an email and I'll let you know....assuming Jan doesn't solve it first!

Edit: Just played the start of that one, I know I've done it, but don't want to grind Trolins then the Oitus in that pit/release room again, so will wait for the saved game!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

... assuming Jan doesn't delete it again... :oops:
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

I sent it off to both of you. Here's the ironic thing, as I was waiting for some info to download I played around with it and I accidentally solved the problem. I wanted to sidestep to the right after I fired a fireball but I accidentally backed up. Good thing, cause had I moved to the right I would have been hit by my own fireball. When I turned around another spider was dead and the pit closed allowing me to get the ven potions and move up the steps. That's 3 of the 7. But try it out and see if you can figure out this area.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I already have if it's where I think it is - you just have to keep pressing wall switches and also killing spiders to release the various walls to kill the next Oitu. Some Oitus are just out of sight or around a corner by a spinner, so you need to see them from one side, but can't actually kill them from that side, you need to attack them with spells or thrown weaposn from the other side.

And others get freed and you need to watch yourself!

I think I got as far as the fifth dungeon in and then got caught up inwork and swapping out computers. Might get back to it, as it's good to know what creatures were placed where
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Ah, congratulations, Tzan! Well done! :D

So, after all the technical problems, you solved it yourself. LOL! I told you that sending the save-game to Beo and me would help you. :wink:

This is a very interesting level. I'd played Theron's Quest before, but I didn't remember this place.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

I played around with it. When I stepped back I landed on a plate that turned on a teleporter. But you have to send a fireball in the opposite direction, timing it so that it goes past the wall when it disappears. Then the fireball kills the spider and either closes a pit or opens a wall.

Now I'm on 4, at a place where one wall said "throw" and another wall saids "dodge". I step on a plate and a door opens. I throw things into the far teleporter and it goes to another teleporter and then through the open door (as long as I stand on the plate. But as soon as I step off the plate the door closes, so what I throw isn't landing on a plate to keep the door open. I've tried fireballs but they don't keep the door open or explode it open. I know there has to be a way through.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think the secret was you had to throw then move? Or perhaps you jusyt need to invest in a few strength potions first to get the throw further
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

You're both right. The key is to throw the rock through the door at "throw". There's another pad behind this door and when the rock lands on it, the door at "dodge" opens.

Sooo, you have to throw the rock to the first teleporter near the beginning, and then step quickly on the pad to open the door. As Beo said, cast some strenth / dexterity potions (Oh Bro Ros) - I needed more than 90 dexterity to make it; and when throwing the rock, stay right at the teleporter (then go quickly back and right on the pad).

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure what's needed for throwing - is it dexterity or strength? I thought it was dexterity...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's strength to get the distance...always weird to think of that!
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

Then I'm not suppose to go through the door behind the teleporter? I've been trying to catch up to the rock and follow it into the room but to no avail. It just opens the door behind me?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Yes. As I said, there's a pad behind that door behind the teleporter, and when the rock lands on that pad, it opens the other door. And there's a surprise waiting for you behind that door. :wink:
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

Now I'm at a place that zooms me around till it sends me down a pit. I've tried bumping into the walls as I'm zoomed about. I either end up in this same room or thrown down a pit where the game begins. I saw some rats but I think they fell down the pits with me since I found drumsticks. So what's the next step to move on with the game?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I'm not sure, Tzan. I think I've never played this dungeon. Maybe others will help you.

Looking into CSBuild, I can just say that
Spoiler
you can exit the "zoom" area (called "Waterfall") in two places, one room with a small switch, and other with an iron-key lock - try some more wall-bumping. But both options seem like a blind-alley to me. Looking at CSBuild I would say that it's a wrong track and the solution to the dungeon lies one level above.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don;t think I got as far as this one. I'd look for wall switches not fake walls though.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

I had the item I needed on me all along. I was focusing more on some ashes that was actually a dead guy, but the necklace is what I had to return.

I'm almost done the 4th (or 5th) and there is a slight problem. I got everything I need and am heading back. I have to outrun a moving teleporter only one of my guys is injured. There is no flask to make a VI potion to heal him, and he slows the run down enough where I get hit by the moving teleporter. Falling down pits and the attack by the dragon injured him. Can I use CSBuild to add an empty flask to heal the one injured? If so, how do I do it?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The game ends when you reach the end. I say kill him off :D

Just open the saved game, find the level your part is on, right click on the tile beside them, and there should be an 'add' menu. You want potions for the empty flask

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”