chrono trigger

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Halk Wonderbarbarian

chrono trigger

Post by +Halk Wonderbarbarian »

hi sorry to post off-topic i got the chronotrigger roms after someone recommended it on here (sorry can't remember who it was...) and got totally addicted, it really is awesome. then i got stuck on this bit, after i'd warped into the futuistic world, where i had to chase a rat, which told me a password for a secret door. the password was "holod L+R, then press A". anyway, ive tried everthing i can think of, including downloading walkthroughs, but i cant get the secret door to open when i use the password on the sparkling computer just south of the "chasing the statue" screen. is this an emulation problem do you think? i really hope not as i'm loving this game so far. any help appreciated.
+The Grey Lord

Re: chrono trigger

Post by +The Grey Lord »

Heheheh. Twas me who recommended this awesome game. Now you know why I love this game just as much as Dungeon Master! You have got really far in the game by the way but you still have a long long way to go. I haven't even completed it yet. Anyways if I remember rightly (from about 4 weeks ago) the password you get off the rat isn't the password for the door but the password for something in a big building north of the building with the door you speak of. You have to leave someone near the computer and take someone with you to the building to the north to solve the puzzles in there. Now I think about it if you are in that building to the north then the password the rat gives you is for a door in that building. Look for doors you haven't been able to open yet. They are all the clues I can give you for the moment. Let me know if this helps you.
alandale
Apprentice

Re: Re: chrono trigger

Post by alandale »

i had this problem.
from a faq:
You stated that many people have said that they can't push the L+R+A sequence, at the Arris Dome in 2300 A.D. Well, the problem isn't your ROM, it isn't your emulator (this only occurs on emulators,) it's your KEYBOARD. I had a heck of a time with this, until I read the ZSNES help file (ZSNES.FAQ). The problem lies in the way the PC keyboard sends its data to the computer. You can only press a certain number of buttons at a time, or the keyboard cancels out the others. A couple ways around this are: assign the L, R, and A buttons to one key, such as Page Up. Then, pressing that key enters the code. Another way is to assign them to the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys. Since the PC keyboard accepts any combinations of the modifier keys, this works also. The final way, my personal favorite, is to simply use a joystick.
+Halk Wonderbarbarian

Re: Re: Re: chrono trigger

Post by +Halk Wonderbarbarian »

ah, very clever.