DM2 HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

DM2 HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Folks!!
I´m at the end of DM2 trying to kill the bad guy, but I find it impossible, he won´t die! Is there some way to motivate him? I have tried several strategies but they all end up the same way. One important question: How much "hit points" does he have, how much can he takes? Have any of you killed him with fireballs? Swords? Pleading? I´m in desperate need for help, please give me some good advices and share your experiences. Use all my magic to create fireshields, how much must I hit him with my weapons then? HE IS HOPELESS!
Please help!
THanks in advance!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: DM2 HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

Post by Ian Clark »

Send in loads of attack minions to keep him busy while you fire from a distance - that's how I did it. Remember, you can charge the Numen Staff up, that came in handy for me
+Lord Balthus

Post by +Lord Balthus »

Hit and run worked for me, especially when he starts to summon minions, have your fighters use the red axes (can't remember the name of them) two each, that way you get four attacks at a time. I found spells kind of useless, everytime I tried to send the fireballs at him he sent them back with that annoying reflection spell. He has more hit points than the dragon in dm (5000 approx.), so it will take a bit.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Re: Re: How do I charge the numen staff????

Hello Ian!
Thanks for your advise I will try it, but how do I charge the numenstaff?? I will try the fireball and minion tactic, but as you said, the numenstaff may come in handy!
Thanks again!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Re: Re: How do I charge the numen staff????

Post by Ian Clark »

Just dip it in the couldron in the middle of the sorceror room where you first found it - you can do it as many times as you want!
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

IAN, you are a hero, Thanks!

IAN, you are a hero, Thanks!
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

What does a PORTER MINION do?????

Sorry about all my stupid questions, but I need to ask one more. Whats does a porter minion do?? When I cast the spell a flying green blob appears and does absolutely nothing!!!!. How can I use this meaningless creature???????
omera
Novice

Re: What does a PORTER MINION do?????

Post by omera »

Drop a HUGE amount of objects on the floor(like axe on the axeman area.) and step on the square where you dropped them. Cast the minion. Make a step backward and watch him getting all the objet you let. Now he will follow you everywhere, and release what he is wearing when you will cast the spell again, or when he will be killed (alas, that could happen...)