WinUAE problems

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Foxbat

WinUAE problems

Post by +Foxbat »

Well I found this place and thought to myself how I never completed CSB on my Atari ST, due to a bad internal disk drive destroying my save after I was halfway through the game. So I did alot of digging getting all the necessary things to play CSB with Amiga emulation, but I have some problems.
1) I can use WinUME v 0.8.8 R8, but then there are some minor graphical glitches that annoy me. When opening the prison door, you see flashes of red appear on it, and worse, while in-game, you can see a flash of red and blue garbage whenever you move. I have tried adjusting processor type and speed and various display settings, but nothing has alleviated this problem.
2) The latest WinFellow instead has sound glitches where the last played sound is looped infinitely until a new sound is played, wherapon that one loops.
3) Fellow won't play in Win98, I'd have to find DOS drivers and boot into dos, which I'd rather not do.
BTW, has anyone ever gotten that hidden Lor (I think that was his name) guy? I've gotten the Ninja several times, but I always seem to be too slow in getting to Lor, his door is always shut when I make it over.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Re: WinUAE problems

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello FoxBat!
I had the same problem, hated it to. Go to the "Display" meny and draw the refresh marker to the right as much as you can. That takes away some of the anoying problems. If that doesn´´t help, it might be the CPU display that you need to try (the same way).
Good Luck!