DM sound

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+dmman

DM sound

Post by +dmman »

Just as a matter of interest, ive had heaps of trouble getting sound on my sb16 or awe64 card when trying to play DM in raw dos, or loaded DOS drivers with a separate boot disk! Tried it in 4 different computers with the same problem, but when i ran the stats.exe in raw dos the irq was not there for the sound card for some reason... i found after changing 3 network cards that the sound did finally work!
yep played with the bios settings for 2 weeks on all machines but didn't work till i changed the card! quite weird! i used an older realtek isa network card.. and all fine till i change cards again!
the stats.exe finally came up with - sblaster IRQ 3 - wich is not what the drivers loaded it as - default IRQ 5! any ideas anyone?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: dm sound

Post by Gambit37 »

Email me privately and I'll send you AWE64 drivers for DOS and instructions on how to get sound working for PC Dungeon Master.