I'm looking 4 dungeon masters monster's sprites

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+arkangel

I'm looking 4 dungeon masters monster's sprites

Post by +arkangel »

I'm doing a java script dungeon master to play on line. I need original graphics 'sprites' of the monsters in any format but without background.
Is anyone having sonme? Please Mail them to me, I will send you a special link to the work in progress page!
+Feren

Re: I'm looking 4 dungeon masters monster's sprites

Post by +Feren »

Aren't there some on this web page? Ask Daniel if you can have them.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I would't hold out much hope of getting a reply from Daniel
+gab

Re: I'm looking 4 dungeon masters monster's sprites

Post by +gab »

I dont know what format you need your sprites but how about running DM in windows(use option 1 for all prompts) and when your monster is displayed press PrtSc key to capture the screen to the clipboard, then Alt + Tab to switch back to windows and Edit->paste into any bitmap editing program? You can then isolate the monsters with magic wand selection tool and save as individual bitmaps.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Clone project has a tool available...

Post by Gambit37 »

Check out this website, which is about a clone project for dungeon master. Check the downloads page, and look for uploaded files - there's a utility for extracting the graphics from the PC version of DM.

Note however that you should only use this for experimentation as the graphics are copyrighted material. You would be better off using original graphics to avoid any copyright problems.
http://enzofr.free.fr/