HELP! I Cna't get it to work!

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+winsue

HELP! I Cna't get it to work!

Post by +winsue »

I am delighted to find DM for the PC and I downloaded it immediately. But when I try to install it, I get an error message telling me that the Dungeon.dat file is missing, even the file is right there. Any advice? Ihave been searching for this game for a long time. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Sue
+gab

Re: HELP! I Cna't get it to work!

Post by +gab »

Sounds like a corrupted file. Download again, use Winzip to unpack the files onto a floppy disk and install from the floppy. It should create a folder "FTL" with all files inside. There is a folder "Eudata" which contains Dungeon.dat. To run in WindowsXX without going to DOS right-click on the file "DM.EXE" and choose "Create shortcut". Drag the shortcut onto the desktop. Double-click to start and choose option 1 for all features especially sound. If you want sound you will have problems with modern PCI sound cards but you might be lucky, but you have to exit to DOS first.
If still no sucess email me and I will send you a working version