The Dragon

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Nahtanaj

The Dragon

Post by +Nahtanaj »

Your notes on the dragon are incorrect. It took me nearly 25 full power ful bombs and didn't kill him. But I decided to go with melee instead and play hit and run. I did about 2000 damage and killed him. He seems to be highly resistant to magic and so the best way to kill him would be hit and run melee combat. The weapons I used to kill the dragon was the Hardcleave and the Inquisitor.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: The Dragon

Post by beowuuf »

The dragon is resistant, but not immune, to fire. I agree that weaons are best to take it out, but magic does help too. The dragon starts at 2700hp, so even 25 FUL bombs won't waste it...
+mixtec

Post by +mixtec »

best way ive found of killing the dragon is a few magic boxes, and many poison cloud spells.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

to kill a mocking dragon.. heh

Post by cowsmanaut »

Dragons a very weak against poison. Poison cloud and poison ball will kill a dragon faster than anything else. One Mon Poison cloud killed a dragon in CSB, at least from my memory. Course he had nowhere else to go so he sat in it.
also in the area in CSB where there are all the dragons and flase walls I cast a bunch in there left to explore and came back to collect the steaks..
cheers
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

The thing is about the DM Dragon is it doesn't need to be killed, they should have given it the Square Key, really. :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

But it's there! It's calling out to be killed!
I remember the good old days when I didn't think it could be killed, and ran around with the Staff of Claws and the Horn of Fear chasing it around the level.....an it was in the amiga days, so there was the lovely horn blowing sound too :)