DM 2

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+mike

DM 2

Post by +mike »

Has anyone played the Dungeon Master II game for amiga from ChristopheF's site? The game seems to run fine, but I can't get the doors open at the beginning of the game. Am I missing something? What emulator should I use?
Thanx, Mike
+The Grey Lord

Re: DM 2

Post by +The Grey Lord »

It's a problem with the emulator I'm afraid. I've tried the latest version of WinUAE and it still won't allow the doors to open. Oh well.
+mike

Post by +mike »

I've seen a review that said it was AGA only, but even with that enabled, it doesn't seem to matter. I've even tried it with WinUAE version 8.8.r8, which is the version that's compatable with CSB saved games. I figured that if Chris had it on his site, then he must have played the game. I just don't get it. Is there anybody out there with any success?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't think anyone has managed to get it to work properly on an emulated Amiga.

If you can get hold of the PC version, it's better anyway as it looks a lot nicer. I don't know why DM2 required an AGA screen on the Amiga as it doesn't seem to take advantage of the more advanced display anyway! Yes, it uses 256 colours, but only about half that appear to be used compared to the PC version.
Try a compare of the Amiga and PC versions at the Encyclopedia site - there are some screenshots on the DM2 pages.

http://dmweb.free.fr/DMCSBHome.htm
Cheers.
+mike

Re: DM2 on Amiga

Post by +mike »

Actually, I own the PC version. I can't get it to work on my system either. It worked fine on my laptop, but doesn't like my big system for some reason. That's why I wanted to get the Amiga version running. Christophe replied to an e-mail I sent and said that he hasn't gotten it to run properly either. Oh well, I guess it's hopeless. :(
Mike
ParuNexus
Adept

Re: DM2 on Amiga - csb? or dm2?

Post by ParuNexus »

if you talking csb i've ran it perfectly doors included on winuae. dm2 aka skull keep amiga version? i have it ony my hd but havn't had time to try it out.
+mike

Re: Re: DM2 on Amiga - csb? or dm2?

Post by +mike »

I'm talking about The Legend of Skullkeep.
CSB works fine for me too.
+dmman

Re: DM2 on Amiga

Post by +dmman »

well the AGA screen aint required. it runs on ANY ecs system provided you have a minimum of 68020. i own the original boxed game. i run it quite well on a a2000 with a a2630 card wich is 68030.
+dmman

Re: DM 2

Post by +dmman »

try the key in door first? if the same then the emulator stuffs it up!

well you can run it on ANY Amiga as long as its a minimum of a 68020 cpu. :-)

theres no difference when run on AGA or ECS.