OT from DM : Firefly

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

OT from DM : Firefly

Post by beowuuf »

I've just discovered this new TV show and it's already been put on 'hiatus'! (See my little rant rant on the Encyclopaedia:
http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=9&i=302&t=302 )

Anyone else know it/know about it/seen it/like it/etc?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I've seen it.. I really didn't get into the whole cowboy in space thing. It just seemed a little too forced to me. wasn't any sense of cohesion between the genres.

just my two cents..

Now if we were talking about Farscape.. there is a scifi show. It too is being canceled..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, I never noticed the two genres clashing, it has been pointed out, and I agree with it, that sci-fi tends to be an extension of the western soemtimes anyway. Plus it's more jsu ta drama : )

Firefly is character driven, because it has a decent sized enseamble cast, so interaction,growing to knwo and like the characters etc is a large part of going from liking to loving the show!
If you ever get the chance I would recommend watching a few more just so you get a good feel for it : )

Farscape I was lucky enough to see 'Cracker's Don't Matter' and got hooked from there on - the fourth series hasn't grabbed me as much as previous ones, but still watch it, would still love to get hold of series one at some point along the line.
Dark Angel, Farscape and now Firefly - is there anything good in the world of sci-fi that doesn't get cancelled?