Dungeon Master

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Anonymous

Dungeon Master

Post by +Anonymous »

http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16112777/

PS. You are welcome to link to my site if you want.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

why do you have a download section for dm/csb when it's avaiable from the encyclopaedia?

and should you link to this forum when you havn't mentioned that it's not yuors, so therefore any comments about your site will be lost on anyone else?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

infact...

Post by beowuuf »

..is there any original content here?

and why do you have a fake 404 error page?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Don't go to/link to this page

Post by beowuuf »

I haven't found anything malicious, but the fact there is a voting system you have to go through in order to get Return to Chaos, which has nothing to do with the site is enough
+Dungeon Master

Post by +Dungeon Master »

I will reply this messege later on, Got to see "Syra" Have a Nice Day!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

what's up?

Post by cowsmanaut »

Just so you know, I do come here often enough to see what's going on and when I'm not here Beowuuf takes care of things for me.

I don't mind you linking to my forum so long as you declare where it came from and link to the main page instead.

While not a lot of activity is going on here that is mainly because I have not had time to work on my Graphic set or the character portraits and stories. Things always pick up when a new one pops up.

However this forum is far from dead and not free to do with as you wish.

Just use a little internet etticate and do your linking properly. Thanks.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I don't see any changes and yet you've now prompted me to change the settings of my forum.

Users must now be registered to post.

If I don't see any changes soon I will block your IP so there won't be any routing from your site, and you won't be able to visit either.

I'm trying to be nice about this but if I need to be an Ass about it I will.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

one down one to go

Post by cowsmanaut »

No score for this post October 12 2002, 1:25 PM

I'm not in a particularly good mood. I've been suffering sever tooth pain and I was hoping to see some kind of results on this issue. Since I have not your home IP has been blocked an the forum will be taken care of in a day or two.

You were warned. I told you I would be an ass if I had to be. All I was asking was that you give me credit for what is obviously mine.

This message has been edited by cowsmanaut on Oct 12, 2002 2:17 PM
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I removed you from the IP blocking for now. Behave in a civil manner and you won't have any problems from me.

However, George want's you to remove the personal download you've made of RTC. He has put a lot of work and time into making it and would like recognition for it as well. You can link to his main Page if you like but don't just link to the file or offer your own personal download of it.

You need to learn that you can't just take things from other people and then just offer them up. You can provide links to their websites where people can find it, but don't just take it and do what you want with it. It's just poor manners and you get a lot of people pissed off when you do it. Especially when you walk into a community that has been in the making for literally YEARS and act like you can do whatever you like with it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

...the download has changed to just plain DM, so there you go, but it is routing through the old favourite from http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=9&i=172&t=172 again

Personally i would take the member block from the forum posting, it will stop casual comments more than it will stop abuse
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

is he freaking stoned???

Man, the reason you were banned in the first place was because you were taking things from other people and using them as if they were your own. Smarten up or I WILL contact your ISP. I have more information on you than you possibly know. The internet is not a safe place to play these little mind games.

You are getting a lot of people upset very quickly, and if you keep it up you are liable to lose your internet connection.

These people have worked hard to put something orriginal together and support the fan base. George and Alandale made new versions of the old game to work under windows and other platforms and to allow for new possibilities to breath new life into an old classic. Christophe built the encyclopedia to show the beginnings and goings on of DM related things for those of us who are interested. Beowuuf put together the site that would allow you to visit numerous places and has helped me with my site.. I too tried to provide something unique. Art, Stories, and graphics for the game. Others have made maps. Ian has made a large web board to support conversations on all the many topics of DM. Even still, there are others putting togther something that they have to offer to the community to help and bring something unique to share in a common interest.

This whole thing is a lot about building friendships and getting to know more about something that you like. There is no room for selfish or shameless acts like what you have shown so far. Either you want to be a part of this and offer something unique to you or you can do as you are doing and find a lot of ill will directed at you. Your choice.

More patience is awarded the man who admits they are wrong and does something about it.

moo