dang it!!

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

dang it!!

Post by cowsmanaut »

well I don't know what the heck is up but I posted a message in here last night and it's not here now.. and to top it off I can not get to the new flash example I did last night from anywhere but home.. so who knows what is going on.. in fact I can't even load the other one from the link even though it's still there!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

cowsman got's it goin' on..

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok well.. it seems to work now.. (shrug) it's about 260k or so.. so it takes a moment to load..

http://chaos.zpc.cz/Flash/chaos2.html

Music is by Tom Hatfield just as the Inn music was thanks again Tom!!

moo

Still not full functional but on it's way..
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I just saw the chaos2.html.
It looks much better than the first sample, but I guess it's unfinished as the borders of the silhouettes(sp?) (shapes) of objects don't integrate with the background. Also the detailed precision of the moon is a little shocking, it gives it an importance it doesn't have in DM or CSB, IMHO.
In my PC, the mist have some blue sparkling carpet which looks a little weird.
I like the idea so far.
Music is great!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, I'm gonna fuzz the moon a bit more.. maybe make it a bit more glowing and blurry..

also the sparkling carpet is going away.. it was an experiment since Flash doesn't support alpha channels you can only use masks.. so it means either a pixel is on... or off. not translucent.. grr.. so I have to make the clouds look moving but still keep it all looking nice.. it's not too easy.

there are still at least 4 things missing from the image and then after I add those.. I still need to add the buttons..

lot's to do tonight.. MOO!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Ok well I got a few mins to work on this thing again.. I fixed the background colour (only to find the image is slightly of the stage so you can see a bit of the edge) and centered it.. I also fixed the music so it doesn't overlap and sound like an echo when it starts again.. and I made the image transperent for the mist and moved it slower than in the first one.. AND.. I started to move the lantern but just ignore it because the timing is way off.. I still need some practice with this thing.

Planned next? Lanter.. fix it, the tassle on his helmet will be placed and animated, also the image will be shifted so there is no white at the edges and I'm not sure how long that will take but once those are done I'll put it up.. and then the last revision will be to put in the buttons.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oops.. uhm the file is there on the chaos2 link so you can see it.. just thought I should mention that..
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

it looks better. I feel uncomfortable with the character so centered. I think it should be decentered wether near the lantern or under the lower branch of the tree. Mount Anais is maybe slightly too much on the border. Also, the reflects of the lantern on the character's armor are too high, like if the lantern where 1m above him.
The mist around the mount is neat.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I think I'd have to agree with you completely.. Good eye man! You SURE you're not an artist? 2
+Zachary Vance

Post by +Zachary Vance »

I like what you did with the Chaos and the runes. It might be nice with the runes, but the color of the last one. The music and the VERY slowed down mists are great too. Really though...that is good artwork. Did you scan it or draw it on the computer?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I drew it on computer with a tablet. It's how I draw most of the time.. my poor light table is getting dusty since I got my wacom..