if anyone still visits here.......

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

if anyone still visits here.......

Post by cowsmanaut »

if anyone still visits here can you please offer an oppinion?

Should I leave it as is on the front page and subsequent pages.. Dynamic HTML.. OR should I switch to flash and have more lifelike scenes with lower download cost (or I think anyway)

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

...and ready to help you in your push for the site (lol, aswell as my site and aswell as other stuff promised)

Umm, i don't like flash, but since I know the way you are wanting to go, i also know that there is a bitch of a download cost for the new site in html that would take some work to cut down on..is flash really better for that? If so, then i guess it's a poll of who has the latest flash plug ins, etc...i think i do...i don't usually like flash and flash intros asa rule, but i can see them, so wouldn't have a problem running the site

So that's one yes from me if it's faster than the framework that is there
i'll ask abotu the voting booth again, my friend had business work overseas but is back now
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I normally circumstances I would have said no, as I only have a modem. But I'm leaving my country for a year, selling my PC, so I won't have access to Internet but in cyberbars. Download speeds won't be a problem. They won't be THE problem
I usually don't like flash either because I simply don't feel comfortable with lack of interactivity in general. But I'm always eager to see new DMish things.

So here's another yes.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I've been looking at how it should work for low speed flash and I'm going to keep it fairly low.

If I use mostly vector based images it should keep the download fairly small.. one of the colleges flash sites is all flash and is said to be less than 200k.. so if I have my way it will remain short and sweet.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Here's the basic Idea of what I'd like the front page to look like so far.. (more detailed ofcourse but this is the sketch)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I like the new one, but would it be more interesting with the adventurer standign on the other side of a river/lake with the same view as the previous chaos front page idea?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I like it! It gives a new life to DM as it depicts some oudoors scene.
I feel uncomfortable with the light... Shouldn't its reflects be more yellow? Also there seem to be some white, shiny reflects around the shape of the character, is it on purpose or from the background?
Good work.

Happy birthday (was it on 8th?)

And happy rebirthday Neowuuf! :-P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

bad spelling rules...though might be an idea if i want a name change

I'm looking at the chaos title, and wondering if it looks too shiny, new and solid compared to the artistic style of the site itself...it stands out, but maybe it shoudl stand out in other ways instead so it feels part of the site too?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

this is what it looks like now.. this will change a fair bit. The clouds instead of rolling will now churn and the mountian will be larger and more dominant.. things are still missing in this image like the rope on the lantern and the lightin and such on the tree is goofed.. etc etc .. so it's a work in progress but something to look at all the same.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I suppose I should actually POST it in order to allow you to look at it.. (sheesh)

http://chaos.zpc.cz/Flash/chaos.html

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well the deadline is comming up.. hope I can get it done tonight.. Life always seems to get in the way.

Anyway, something will be up there even if it's not much. stay tuned!

moo