Random thoughts..

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Random thoughts..

Post by cowsmanaut »

So the other day I'm walking to catch my ride to work and as usual I pass a lump of dog crap (at least I hope it was a dogs) and this is not irregular as dogs seem to crap all over the sidewalks here in New Westminster.. why? (shrug).. anyway, I notice it has large chunks of corn in it.. As sick as this is, it get's me thinking.

How many times have we heard jokes about corn in your crap? I can't even count the number of times I've heard it.. so then it begs the question. Why is it there? It's obviously survived our digestive track.. so why eat it then?? if it's the same comming out as going in what have we gained from it?

Well, some carefull thought brought me to this conclusion. Sugar and starch. That's it.. it's all we get from corn. So there really is no reason to it it. You can get this from other things.. like a potato.

anyway, there's my random thought for the day..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Appaaaaaarently, fibre is needed as the body can't push crap out if it's too squishy
So, fibrous stuff that doesn't get liquified helps things get bound
I think
Umm, don't quote me
Infact, browse medical stuff instead
But that's what I rememebr from a related convo a few weeks/months ago: )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Weird...

Post by Gambit37 »

How spooky is that... I saw the same thing this morning when I went out to get the Sunday papers. One massive dog poop full of corn niblets....
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Dang fools..

Post by cowsmanaut »

Them dang fools trying to fed a carnevore veggies.. Or maybe it's a doggy signal.. Showing a secret location..

Nah, couldn't be..
Zyx
DSA Master

Fruits and cereals

Post by Zyx »

Many cereals and fruits use animals as vectors. There's an "digestible" part that makes the "eating act" profitable to the animal: the flesh of the fruit.

And there is a non assimilable part that however helps purging the instestines. The "core" (I don't know the right word) of the fruit is then ejected at a large distance from the original plant and thus helps its expansion. (The core contains or is a seed).
Sometimes dogs also eat grass and purge their intestines this way.

I don't know how the corn fits in these aforementioned reflexions, though...