Version 8.0 is out!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Version 8.0 is out!

Post by ChristopheF »

Chaos Strikes Back for Windows version 8.0 is available on the Clones page.

Release notes by Paul Stevens:

I upgraded the "Smart Discard" feature from experimental status and moved the tables from the config file into the executable.

I updated the "Items Remaining" to show the contents of chests and the possessions of monsters. This is rather helpful when you are trying to locate an item in the dungeon that is in the possession of one of those pesky gigglers.

The "Record" files now contain the version of the executable that produced them. This helps me when someone sends me a bug report with a "Recordxxxx.log" file.

A couple other very minor changes that I don't remember.

The executable release contains a demo - probably the longest game ever recorded. In it, Itza wins the game the hard way....by cleaning up the dungeon. Every last monster has been killed and every important object in the dungeon has been collected and safely stored away. See the "Misc" menu "Items Remaining" at the end of the game to confirm that the task has been accomplished.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”