Version 9.3 is out!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Version 9.3 is out!

Post by ChristopheF »

Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux version 9.3 is available on the Clones page.

What's new? A Linux version is now available.

Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux now has its own dedicated web page here.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Version 9.3 is out!

Post by ChristopheF »

Erik implemented sound support in the Linux port.
I have updated the archives to include the latest binary and source code.
Zelmo

Post by Zelmo »

Got the rar file, looked at the contents, and noticed that there are some files with the same name, i.e., two config.txt, two dungeon.dat, and two graphics.dat. So I thought maybe that wasn't a problem, and proceeded to extract the files. Well, sure enough, I got a warning that there was already a config.txt, and was asked if I want to overwrite it. What to do?
As far as I can tell, the two config files are identical, and one of them should be the "copy of config.txt" that already exists but is a few months older. As for the dungeon and graphics files, it's my guess that one is for CSB and the other is DM, but which is which? Once I know that, I suppose I can extract them individually and rename them as needed so they don't interfere with each other.
Zelmo

Post by Zelmo »

Sorry, disregard that last post.
It seems PowerDesk doesn't properly handle RAR archives, as it didn't give the option of maintaining the directory structure during extraction. I used WinRAR, and now everything works perfectly.
This is way cool, by the way! Much kudos to Paul.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”