DSA: Display Damage?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

DSA: Display Damage?

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Is there any DSA that will show a certain number of damage in the blue starburst? I'm talking about the damage shown to the right where the attack hand actions are. It's what's shown when you use an attack and it does damage on a monster. (Have I clarified this enough yet? :)) Thanks.
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nope

It would be good to fake a ranged attack like a psychic attack or even show the effect of missiles

You get the player damage message when you remove health from players, it might be nice to have the same option when you remove the health of monsters
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

OK, I expected there to be none...that's OK, I was actually making my own simulated attack, this would just improve it
beowuuf wrote:You get the player damage message when you remove health from players, it might be nice to have the same option when you remove the health of monsters
Just making sure you understand me correctly, I want to show the starburst of monster damage...that quote makes me unsure if you understand correctly, so I thought I'd clarify :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I was telling you a similar thing already happens now for player damage - before when you removed character health, the red damge didn't come up

So it is possibly somehting that could be added for when you inflict monster damage, the blue flash comes up
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

beowuuf wrote:before when you removed character health, the red damge didn't come up
Oh, so by "before" you mean in previous versions of CSBWin...now I understand :D

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”