Party Position Bug

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Party Position Bug

Post by Parallax »

I was goofing around with the Maleficient guild in Conflux when I noticed a bug that may not be specific to that particular dungeon. I'll still use Conflux as a example because it provides an easy method for reproducing it.

Starting a new Conflux game, step on the black flame and resurrect one member of the maleficient guild (Curse1).

Resurrect a second member (Curse2) and place him right behind Curse1 in the party position diagram. (back left position)

Walk forward into the wall, killing Curse1.

Place Curse2 in the party position formerly used by Curse1. (front left)

Resurrect a third guild member (Curse3). He takes the front-left spot, overwriting Curse2. From now on, you can walk into walls as much as you want, neither Curse2 nor Curse3 will take any damage, from any direction. The party still takes damage normally from doors and falls. I'm not too sure about projectiles, though, and I haven't found a convenient way to test it. You cannot change the party positions anymore. If you resurrect a fourth member he will overwrite Curse3 but you still won't be able to move the party around. As far as I can tell, all three characters will be considered front row for the purpose of reaching. As far as monsters are concerned, I'm under the impression that they can only attack the member whose color is displayed on top until they kill it and the next one appears underneath.

I have not tried raising Curse1 to see where he'll end up.

EDIT: My bad, monsters can attack pretty much any party member.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Ouch that's a huge bug !
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Joramund wrote:Ouch that's a huge bug !
Yea, I would have thought so too. apparently not, though. Oh well.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”