Noobie question: How do you run CSBWin in fullscreen?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
isamuu
Journeyman

Noobie question: How do you run CSBWin in fullscreen?

Post by isamuu »

Hello. I would like to run CSBWin in full screen, at either 1280x720 or 800x600. Can someone please tell me how to do it? Also, once it's done, will I be able to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode? If so, how?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Noobie question: How do you run CSBWin in fullscreen?

Post by beowuuf »

If you look at the conflux download pack, you will see the .bat files that let you play in various fullscreen resulutions, and also the windowed screen. View them in a text editor to see the CSBwin commands to alter the resultion. When windowed, you can increase the screen size by x2, x4 etc.

Note the resultion of the graphics cannot change, so at huge screen sized, it will look very blocky :(
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

There is no "full-screen" possible using CSBwin.
The best you can do is to make the window fill the
screen and color the background black.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

If you use csbwin for the ppc(pocket pc) it does use fullscreen , no?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

No. It is simply a 'maximized' window.....like a
maximized window on your PC. It still has a title
bar and menus, although they can be hidden from
view.
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

Paul Stevens wrote:There is no "full-screen" possible using CSBwin.
The best you can do is to make the window fill the
screen and color the background black.
Actually Paul that is incorrect. I downloaded Conflux III and there are resolution bat files contained within it. One of them being a file that when accessed, delivers CSBWin in a 100% fullscreen resolution of 1280x800. So it's perfect for what I'm looking for. Works like a charm.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

RRrrrrright......whatever you say.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Paul Stevens wrote:No. It is simply a 'maximized' window.....like a
view.
I think you'll find that bat file is doing exactly what Paul said - hidden your bar and menu, blackened the background if needed, and is faking a fullscreen mode by displaying the game at the maximum resolution for your monitor.
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

beowuuf wrote:
Paul Stevens wrote:No. It is simply a 'maximized' window.....like a
view.
I think you'll find that bat file is doing exactly what Paul said - hidden your bar and menu, blackened the background if needed, and is faking a fullscreen mode by displaying the game at the maximum resolution for your monitor.
Oh I see. Well, it's a nice fake fullscreen :p

I like this version because of its optional screen size via the 1280x800 bat file. The player viewing area is much larger than DM Java(which is just criminally small) and it's even bigger than the one in DM PC and RTC. Doesn't look too blocky or pixelated either, even on my 110" projection screen. Looks basically like how I remember DM looking running off my amiga on my monitor. Like I said in another thread however, the mouse movement could be a bit smoother, but that's nitpicking.

I dunno, at this point it's hard to choose which version I like playing between the original PC version and CSBWin. Running the PC version via Dos-Box is freakin awesome. Dos box is an amazing emulator with lots of cracking features. I love the fact that it has those screen filters which applies things like scanlines and the hq2x filter. DM looks pretty interesting running with scanlines. I hope CSBWin implements those features someday.
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

OK I have a question....while playing CSBWin using one of the "fake fullscreen" bat files, the menu toolbar at the top is not shown. Is there some sort of hotkey that brings up the menu selections within the fake fullscreen display? The reason I ask is, I want to be able to play CSBWin replay files and enjoy them in "fake fullscreen" mode. But the game requires you to access the top menu in order to launch the playlog files, and since that does not show, I don't see a way of launching them.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, if you look in the config.txt file the bat file is launching (you can view the bat file in notepad or another editor sto see), you should see it contains commented lines explaining what each config command is doing. One of those should be to turn the menu on and off.
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

beowuuf wrote:Yes, if you look in the config.txt file the bat file is launching (you can view the bat file in notepad or another editor sto see), you should see it contains commented lines explaining what each config command is doing. One of those should be to turn the menu on and off.
OK Thanks :)

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”