New Linux version 11.067 successfully built!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Christoph
Craftsman

New Linux version 11.067 successfully built!

Post by Christoph »

Dear Linux users here,

please forget what I've written about the command line sequence of the linker in my previous three posts on this board. The "Makefile.am" for Linux was severely bugged, several required source files were missing. I've searched for the implementation of "UI_free" and "UI_malloc", and found that they're defined in "CSBUI.cpp" only, which is needed in addition to "LinCSBUI.cpp" rather than the latter being a replacement for the Linux platform, this was the most important issue. So the build finally succeeded. I ran the latest Conflux dungeon for a few minutes and saved several times. I just got one message box about too many monsters on startup.

Files changed:
  • - autogen.sh (made it to build the whole thing when called, changed a few defaults)
    - src/Makefile.am (included everything needed)
    - src/CSBlinux.cpp (version number updated from 10.0v0 to 11.067v1 = 1st Linux specific change of 11.067, which has been forgotten in the Linux version 11.014, by the way)
    - src/Recording.cpp ("char" instead of "TCHAR")
    - src/CSBCode.cpp (suffix for unsigned 64-bit-long constants is "LLU" on Linux/GCC, not "UI64")
I'd like to do the following now:
  • 1) Make "Hermes" library inclusion work again for arbitrary window/graphics sizes
    2) Have my changes included in the official source from Paul Stevens in a reasonable manner (define "TCHAR" via "typedef" instead of simply replace it and such)
    3) Upload/send a binary package somewhere to have it on one of the DM/CSB sites
Number 1) in the list above can of course be done later. Please don't send lots of individual requests for the binary programme to me, help me with step 3) instead. Please note also that I haven't got that much time for future work on the game, so don't expect me to immediately fix any bugs yet to be found.

Christoph
Christoph
jibanes
Neophyte

Re: New Linux version 11.067 successfully built!

Post by jibanes »

could you make a binary available?

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”