CSBwin Fullscreen

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Magica
Journeyman

CSBwin Fullscreen

Post by Magica »

I know this is not the right place for asking this , but I asked this before in another thread and didn't get an answer , please Mr. Paul Stevens , we need a full screen option in CSBWn , I don't think this is a hard request , please , do us a favor and solve this matter forever ..

thank you all for your hard work
terkio
Mon Master

Re: CSBwin bug: attack resistances Antifire/Antimagic/Vitali

Post by terkio »

Full screen....
DM was released for the ATARI using a TV a screen of aspect ratio.4/3
DM PC was running with VGA 640x480 aspect ratio 4/3

Now we mostly have wide format screens 16/10. DM full screen means a lot of stretching, everything looks fat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Magica
Journeyman

Post by Magica »

please , I don't need negative notes , please Mr. Paul Stevens give us a final solution for this matter
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There are already tools for producing fullscreen. If you look at Conflux, and the structure of the .bat files and config files, you will see the methods to produce it.

So you can invoke a fullscreen command on opening CSBwin. Reduce your monitor resolution through windows to get the quickest fullscreen. If you want CSBwin to be expanded for your own resolution, you can try to use Zyx's predone resolution config files and his bat files, or you can play with the format yourself to create a specifically tailored resolution.

Edit: Wait, I think it was you who asked about this before and I've already given this answer.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Magica wrote:, please Mr. Paul Stevens give us a final solution for this matter
I don't think this is a hard request
You have received the final answer to this matter. I will repeat
it here:

I will not implement full-screen for CSBwin.

It is not an easy request for me.

If it is an easy request for you, please implement
it (the source code is readily available) and I will
incorporate your implementation in the standard release.
I'll even help you understand where it needs to be
done!

Sincerely yours,
PAul
Magica
Journeyman

Re: CSBwin Fullscreen

Post by Magica »

Ok thank you for your replay , CSBwin is already a great work .

I think RTC is the only answer for my request , thank you again .
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

To run RTC in a window :P Edit the config.txt:
Edit the line:
FULLSCREEN [TAB] YES
To
FULLSCREEN [TAB] NO
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i had to put that in there as i did not see the FULLSCREEN command, it was not an option in the txt file. glad RTC can be windowed, it helps working with it which i didn't find out until much much later.
i found CSBwin felt like i was playing the original more so than RTC... RTC just has so many features it kinds leaves a feeling of a different game. both a great to play, RTC can be slapped together quickly.
keep your gor coin handy
Magica
Journeyman

Post by Magica »

without full screen mode I feel as if I am playing cards , the full screen gives me the same original feelings , I am very happy that RTC is exist , I just wish a newer update for it .
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

me too, even with the improvements made already by George would be great, one can only wish, i have a wish list, that is one of them.
keep your gor coin handy
Magica
Journeyman

Post by Magica »

what is wondering me is , that all of the atari st emulators have a full screen option , and CSBwin doesn't have this simple option , I really find this very strange , killing a great project like it for some players , can't we get help from some of the programmers that have experience in emulating and graphics ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

What do you mean, "simple option" ?
The atari ST was "full screen" because it had only one possible resolution, 320 x 200, and DM was thus manually designed to be displayed in 320 x 200.
A modern "full screen" option would need to fit automatically any resolution and be centered. But if what you're asking is a manual rescaling and recentering, you can do it yourself with the config.txt. You don't have to be a programmer. Conflux already give several examples, you can build from there.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This seems to be going round in circles.

CSBwin almost does everything asked, but Magica you will need to go and put in some effort to get your final centring. You can ask questions regarding how to do that.

Constantly asking for the programme to be changed even when you've been given a very forthright no, especially with the added insinuations regarding how easy it must be, is simply going to put everyone off of helping you - the creator included.

I'm going to lock this thread, feel free to open a new one regarding using the config file. That discussion may well prove helpful to your, and also others in future.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”