page translations

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

page translations

Post by Adamo »

Wouldn`t it be good to add different version of the main page, just like a lot of pages on the net are translated? You know, these little country flags in the corner of the site. I heard gambit could do this if he gets a complete translation. that should greatly help the people who don`t know english well.. and there`s a LOT of them in Poland.
Even that I don`t have a time to translate it all, I would like to start a topic with a translation to polish. Help of other Poles greatly appreciated here!
One could start a topic with a german translation, french, etc..

This is my exact translation of the main page, it isn`t finished yet.
Dungeon Master

-Dungeon Master was a bloody good game, and there are still a lot of people that think so!
-Dungeon Master był niesamowicie dobrą grą i ciągle jest mnóstwo ludzi, którzy tak myślą!
-Visit the forums to see for yourself!
-Odwiedź forum aby się przekonac!
-What are we talking about?
-Czym się tu zajmujemy?

-There was a game released in 1987 for the Atari called Dungeon Master. It was a dungeon adventure game, but its mix of atmosphere, simple interface, hidden mechanics and real time nature meant it is still loved today.
-W 1987 roku została wydana gra zwana Dungeon Master. Ta gra była przygodową labiryntówką, ale mieszanka jej atmosfery, łatwego interfejsu, ukrykych mechanizmów z grą w czasie rzeczywistym powoduje, że jest uwielbinana do dzisiaj.

-The game spread to other platforms such as Amiga, PC and even The Super Nintendo. Chaos Strikes back was a new expansion released later, though only for Atari/Amiga, and after that a sequel, The Legend of Skullkeep (PC/Amiga), and two alternate incarnations on other consoles (Theron’s Quest and DM: Nexus) have come about.
-Gra została przetłumaczona na inne platformy jak Amiga, PC, a nawet Super Nintendo. Chaos Strikes Back jest jego rozszerzeniem wydanym później, choc tylko na Atari/Amigę, a później jego kontunuacja, The Legend of Skullkeep (PC/Amiga), jak też dwie niezależne wydania na inne konsole (Theron`s Quest i DM: Nexus), które wyszły później.

-While the company doesn’t exist, the fan base does, and many exciting projects are being developed.
-Chociaż przedsiębiorstwa już nie ma, baza fanów wciąż istnieje i wiele istniejących projektów jest rozwijanych.
-Send in the clones
-Wyślij klony (???)

-Fans have also made some clone engines of this game, all with editors available:
-Fani stworzyli również parę klonów tej gry, wszystkie dostępne z edytorami:

- * Return To Chaos: A faithful duplicate of DM and CSB playable through Windows. Features full editing and many fun new feature to create completely new feeling games.
- * Return to Chaos: Wierny kopia DM i CSB grywalna pod Windows. Daje możliwośc pełnej edycji i (...???)
- * Chaos Strikes Back For Windows: The original CSB for Atari converted to run under Windows. This project has expanded with advanced features so all the original dungeons and new expanded dungeons are available.
- * Chaos Strikes Back for Windows: Oryginalny CSB na Atari przekonwertowany pod Windows. Klon ten rozwinął dużo zaawansowanych udoskonaleń, więc wszystkie oryginalne i nowe, rozszerzone projekty są dla niego dostępne.
- * Dungeon Master Java: A platform independent clone of DM, with full editing.
- * Dungeon Master java: Niezależny klon DM z pełną edycją.

-See the Forums for more.
-Odwiedź forum żeby dowiedziec się więcej.
-What happened since the games?
-Co się stało od czasu wydania tych gier?
I`ll finish this later
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

What happened since the games?

* Rumours and mechanics were gathered and discussed, and a fan site containing them all called the DM&CSB Encyclopaedia came about, which still continues to grow today.
* Wieści i mechanika były zbierane i omawiane i pojawiła się strona fanów gromadząca je wszystkie, zwana Encyklopedia DM&CSB, która ciągle się rozrasta.
* While sadly defunct, one fan created a message board where a whole community sprang up. Since then the community has migrated and expanded, coming to rest in this very site – the Dungeon-Mater.com forums!
* Chociaż już niestety zlikwidowany, pewien fan stworzył portal, gdzie zgromadziła się ta cała społecznośc. Od tego czasu społecznośc fanów rozrastała się i migrowała, aby osiąśc na tej stronie - forum Dungeon-Master.com!
* While many tools and small games were created, one of the biggest things was in 1999, an editor called DMute. Its mix of GUI and hex editing captured many imaginations, and many new dungeons for the PC DM engine were created. The mind behind DMute, George Gilbert, has also created a clone called RTC. It allows full customistation AND also allows DM and CSB to be played with full sound on new windows platforms.
* Chociaż stworzono wiele małych gier i narzędzi, to jedno z największych pojawiło się w 1999 roku; był to edytor zwany DMute. Połączenie jego intuicyjnego interfejsu z hex edycją (captured many imaginations?), stworzono wiele nowych projektów na PC DM. Człowiek, który to wymyślił, George Gilbert, stworzył również klon zwany RTC. RTC umożliwia pełną (customizations- I don`t know well term for that), jak również pozwala na granie w DM i CSB z pełnym dźwiękiem na nowych, Windowsowych platfolmach.
* In parallel, Paul Stevens has managed to take the original Atari code of the CSB engine and convert it to machine code so it can run on the PC. Both of these are still ongoing projects, the engines being continually tweaked and pushed to allow more features and possibilities to dungeon designers and players.
* Równocześnie, Paul Stevens zdołał zdobyc kod źródłowy od CSB na Atari i przekonwertowac go pod kod maszynowy, żeby mógł byc uruchomiony na PC. Oba projekty są ciągle rozwijane, silniki są modyfikowane i poprawiane tak, aby osiągnąc lepsze efekty i dac więcej możliwości zarówno projektantom, jak i graczom.
* A finished clone already exists called DM Java – programmed in Java, it makes it platform independent. Several dungeons exist including the original DM/CSB dungeons.
* Skończony klon już istnieje i zwany jest DM Java - został napisany w Jawie, co czyni ten klon niezależnym. Istnieje na nią wiele projektów, włączając w to konwersje oryginalnych gier DM/CSB.
* Several tools have also been created for the original game. DMBuild with its expanded knowledge of the dungeon format, DM/CSB Extract that shows many of the attributes of items and graphics, all now changeable.
* Pod oryginalną grę zostało stworzonych wiele narzędzi. DMBuild z jego rozszerzoną wiedzą o formacie gry, DM/CSB Extract który pokazuje, że wiele właściwości różnych obiektów może byc teraz modyfikowanych.
* People still play, and create new dungeons. See them all in forums and join in. Now.
* Ludzie wciąż grają i tworzą nowe gry. Zobacz je wszystkie i dołącz do forum. Teraz.
Polish native speakers, what do you think about the translation, good?
Last edited by Adamo on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It would be cool in principle, if we can get the effort together to put the pages together and get some translations, then yeah.

I guess we still need to put a warning on each alternate language page that the forum language is still basically english though.

Anyway, that's one - we still need some german, french, spanish and maybe even japanese translations! :D
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

it doesn`t take much time to convert the front page. Few minutes.. some things should be corrected of course, but generally this doesn`t take much time
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

BTW, does these forums interface phpBB has different language versions..? I mean things like "quote", "edit", Disable smiles", "you have no new messages", etc.?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

phpBB supports different languages -- I guess there will be a polish pack somewhere.

Thanks for the translation Adamo. I want to update the homepage at some point to be a bit more engaging, so that would be an opportunity to integrate languages too. I think the homepage needs re-writing anway -- would you re-translate that again?

I can't do anything on this for at least a few weeks if not months though, far too many other things to work on at the moment. And trust me, you all want me to be working on one particular of them, not messing around with the homepage here.... :-)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

that's a good idea because it seems that most localized Google's search results are sorted depending on your language.
i don't think you have these results in uk or pl :
Dungeon Master - Wikipédia
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Master - 50k -

Télécharger Dungeon Master Java
http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche ... -java.html - 94k -

Dungeon Master au Chêne Gauche
chg96.free.fr/jeux/dungeon-master/index.htm - 6k -

Site Dungeon Master et addon
www.jeuxvideopc.com/annuaire/6330-dungeon-master/ - 79k -

Dungeon Master PC : code, demo
www.jeuxvideopc.com/jeux/6330-dungeon-master.php - 130k -

LTF Abandonware France, Dungeon Master
www.abandonware-france.org/ltf-jeu.php3?id=285 - 18k -

Dungeon Master DS
dmds.sourceforge.net/ - 16k -

Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia ( FINALLY! )
dmweb.free.fr/ - 22k -
The Forums are in the middle of the 2nd page !!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Yeah, congrats on this, Gambit.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Gambit wrote:
I think the homepage needs re-writing anway -- would you re-translate that again?
yeah, I noticed that. No problem! Don`t forget to mention DSB, and to give a direct link to the custom games forum. It`s hard to find them (by the newbies) now. Also, I think there are some dead links which needs to be deleted!

Code: Select all

Both of these are still ongoing projects
are they? I think Paul and GG, in general, repair bugs when there`s a need, but stopped developing new features.

Well, to be honest, more than on a polish translation I would like to see german, french, spanish and japaneese, because these are much more popular. I won`t help you with that. But maybe I could translate it to arabic :o no, that`d be a tremendous work to do!!
Oh, and for german, french etc. speakers - don`t worry, it`s not a big deal! About 1.5 hour of work. I though it will be much harder to do - and I translated very carefully! And my english isn`t perfect.

I`m not sure if you see polish "special" signs like ĘęÓ󣳌śĄąŻżŹźŃń etc. Is it just a mess on the screen for you?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I see those symbols fine, Adamo -- I think most windows users will as it's part of the standard Eiropean character set which is installed by default I think.
ian_scho wrote:Yeah, congrats on this, Gambit.
Congrats on what?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

GF?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh, ha ha ha, you mean my 'focus'? Actually, I was talking about something else, but yes, there is a new lady. :-)
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Re: page translations

Post by Adamo »

Cool looking main page!!! Good work! :) Clear, new and shiny. I like it!!!
May polish version (as well as german, or french, for example) be included?
So, NEW translation for the NEW main page:
=> Dungeon Master: Creating Order out of Chaos since 1987.
=> Dungeon Master: Tworzymy Porządek z Chaosu od 1987.

=> What is this place?
=> Co to za miejsce?

=> Welcome to the home page of the online community of Dungeon Master fans. Visit the Forums to discuss anything about the games.
=> Witamy na stronie głównej internetowej społeczności fanów gier serii Dungeon Master. Wejdź na Forums aby podyskutować o wszystkim związanym z tymi grami.

=> There was a video game released in 1987 for the Atari ST called Dungeon Master. It was a dungeon adventure game, but its mix of atmosphere, simple interface, hidden mechanics and real time nature meant it is still loved today.
=> Pewnego razu, w 1987 roku, na Atari ST pojawiła się gra Dungeon Master. Była to przygodowa gra w labiryncie, ale połączenie atmosfery, prostego interfacu, ukrytych mechanizmów i rozgrywki w czasie rzeczywistym, sprawiła że gra jest uwielbiana do dzisiaj.

=> Games
=> Gry

=> The game spread to many other platforms and 4 sequels were released: Chaos Strikes back (using the same original engine), Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (with an updated engine), an adaptation of the original game for the PC Engine / Turbogafx console named Theron’s Quest and one last game named Dungeon Master Nexus on the Sega Saturn console, this time featuring a real 3D environment.
=> Gra została przeniesiona na wiele innych platform, wyszły również 4 jej kontynuacje: Chaos Strikes Back (oparty na tym samym silniku), Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (z ulepszonym silnikiem), adaptacja oryginalnej gry dla konsoli PC Engine / Turbografx wydana pod nazwą Theron`s Quest i ostatnia gra Dungeon Master Nexus, wydana na konsolę Sega Saturn, tym razem wzbogacona o prawdziwy silnik 3D.

=> While FTL Games --the company behind the games-- doesn’t exist anymore, the fan base does, and many exciting projects are still being developed.
=> Chociaż FTL Games --wydawca tych gier-- już nie istnieje, jej fani wciąż są aktywni i rozwijanych jest wiele ciekawych projektów.

=> The games were original and you can remember it all over again too. Download them, play them, and learn their secrets at the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia.
=> Gry te były oryginalne i też możesz je sobie przypomnieć. Ściągnij je, zagraj w nie i poznaj ich sekrety na stronie Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia.

=> Over the years people have been able to hack and decypher the code, leading to many projects to extract data and create new dungeons and graphics. Check the links in the Community part of this page!
=> Przez lata ludzie próbowali złamać i rozszyfrować kod źródłowy, co doprowadziło do powstania wielu projektów służących do wyodrębnienia danych i stworzenia nowych lochów i grafik. Sprawdź linki w tej części strony!

=> Check what the community has created
=> Sprawdź, co stworzyła społeczność fanów

=> Clones: Easy to play on modern computers
=> Klony: Łatwe do odpalenia na nowoczesnych komputerach

=> Clones Fans have created some clone engines of the games, with editors available:
=> Klony Fani stworzyli różne silniki klonów gier, dostępne wraz z edytorami:

=> CSBwin: A true port of DM and CSB on not just Windows, but Linux, MacOS X and Pocket PC. The project has expanded the engine with advanced features and new expanded dungeons are available, but will of course still play the original dungeons.
=> CSBwin: Wierny port DM i CSB nie tylko pod Windows, ale też pod Linux, MacOS X i Pocket PC. Projekt ten rozwinął silnik z zaawansowanymi dodatkami, do którego dostępne są nowe, bardziej rozbudowane gry, ale oczywiście możesz ciągle grać w oryginalne lochy.

=> Return to Chaos: An adaptation of DM and CSB for Windows, though the engine itself is made from scratch and allows high resolution graphics beyond the original DM as well as dungeons much bigger than those DM could originally handle. It also features a full editor with many fun new features to create traditional or completely new feeling dungeons.
=> Return to Chaos: Adaptacja DM i CSB pod Windows, chociaż sam silnik został napisany zupełnie od początku i umożliwia wyświetlanie grafiki o wysokiej rozdzielczości poza oryginalnym DM, jak również umożliwia tworzenie znacznie obszerniejszych lochów niż oryginalny DM mógł uciągnąć. Ten klon posiada także pełen edytor z różnymi nowymi ulepszeniami, umożliwiającymi tworzenie tradycyjnych lub z zupełnie nowym klimatem.

=> Dungeon Strikes Back: Another remake of the DM engine for Windows, also allowing high resolution graphics and much larger dungeons than the original. The Lua scripting language is extensively integrated, to allow dungeon designers almost complete freedom in what they are able to create.
=> Dungeon Strikes Back: Kolejny klon silnika DM pod Windows, również umożliwiający wyświetlanie grafiki wyższej rozdzielczości i o wiele większych lochów niż oryginalne. Używa on zintegrowanych skryptów języka Lua, co umożliwia twórcy nowych labiryntów prawie zupełną swobodę w tym, co chcą stworzyć.

=> Dungeon Master Java: A platform independent game inspired by DM, but with some significant differences in gameplay as well as high-resolution graphics. It includes a full graphical editor. Its original author has stopped working on it but others continue to maintain the project. There are separate Dungeon Master Java Forums for this game.
=> Dungeon Master Java: Niezależna platforma ispirowana przez DM, z pewnymi znaczącymi zmianami w rozgrywce, jak również grafikę wyższej rozdzielczości. Zawiera pełen edytor graficzny. Jego autor przerwał pracę, ale inni wciąż podtrzymują projekt. Istnieje również osobne Dungeon Master Java Forums stworzone specjalnie dla tej gry.

=> Visit the Clones section for a list of other projects.
=> Zobacz sekcję Clones, aby sprawdzić listę innych projektów.

=> Custom Dungeons: fan made new dungeons
=> Custom Dungeons: nowe lochy stworzone przez fanów

=> Custom Dungeons You have completed the original game and you want more? Try out some the many custom dungeons.
=> Custom Dungeons Przeszedłeś oryginalną grę i chcesz więcej? Odpal niektóre z wielu naszych custom dungeons.

=> Visit the Custom Dungeons section for a list of other dungeons and read Custom Dungeon Reviews. Another List of dungeons is available in the forum.
=> Wejdź na sekcję Custom Dungeons aby zobaczyć listę innych lochów i przeczytać recenzje w Custom Dungeons Reviews. Kolejna List of dungeons jest dostępna na forum.

=> Tools: extract data, create new graphics and dungeons
=> Tools: wyodrębniaj dane, twórz nową grafikę i lochy

=> ADGE.net: Extract and edit data from DM and CSB.
=> ADGE.net: Wyodrębniaj i edytuj dane z DM i CSB.

=> CSBuild: Create custom dungeons for CSBwin.
=> CSBuild: Twórz własne lochy do CSBwin.

=> Swoosh construction Kit: Extract data (graphics, music, dungeons, etc.) from many versions of the games.
=> Swoosh construction Kit: Wyodrębniaj dane (grafikę, muzykę, lochy itp.) z różnych wersji gier.

=> Dungeon Master II Graphics.dat Editor: Extract and edit all data from Dungeon Master II.
=> Dungeon Master II Graphics.dat Editor: Wyodrębniaj i edytuj wszystkie dane z Dungeon Master II.

=> DMute: Edit dungeons for the original DM and CSB.
=> DMute: Edytuj lochy z oryginalnych DM i CSB.

=> Visit the Tools section for a list of other projects.
=> Odwiedź sekcję Tools, aby zobaczyć listę innych projektów.
I didn`t translate underlined texts (links) at all (because they are links!).
Maybe some parts of Encyclopedia should be translated too..?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, Christophe putting it up without announcing it?

Not sure if this is the finished version - if it is, a new other language front pages might not be amiss if someone can provide the text as you've just done.

The encyclopaedia seems a much larger task!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hehe, Zyx might make a french and spanish version, Trantor german one too ;) English, german, french, spanish and polish version together would be cool!
I can translate some of the linked texts too, if needed, for example Tools to Narzędzia, Clones to Klony, etc.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

That's really cool! An international site for an international game! Nice one Adamo! :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The front page gets my thumbs up, and it's got a nice splattering of screen shots while maintaining the original feel as the previous one.

I miss the phrase "...was a bloody good game..." though XD
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I have added French and Polish translations of the home page.

Adamo, can you please supply translations for:
- The page title: Welcome to the Dungeon-Master.com forums!
- The note explaining that only the home page is available in multiple languages.
- The language name for the link "Polish" should be in Polish, not in English. (Like 'Français' instead of 'French').

Now we need more translations like Spanish, German, Japanese, Czech, and more!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I think a multi-lingual home page is a great idea, and I'm willing to provide a German one. I might not be able to complete it tonight, though...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Looks like there might be some work for me to do... but not tonight, for my friends are waiting for me down there in the pub... with Pilsner Urquell... (*runs*)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Ugh... OK. Hold me to a mediocre translation to a Spanish versión but it'll take a while.... And Sophia can correct me :)
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

ChristopheF wrote:I have added French and Polish translations of the home page.

Adamo, can you please supply translations for:
- The page title: Welcome to the Dungeon-Master.com forums!
- The note explaining that only the home page is available in multiple languages.
- The language name for the link "Polish" should be in Polish, not in English. (Like 'Français' instead of 'French').

Now we need more translations like Spanish, German, Japanese, Czech, and more!
Yes, that would be:
"Welcome to the Dungeon-Master.com forums!" => "Witamy na forum Dungeon-Master.com !"
"Note: This page is available in several languages, but the forum is in English and the links point to pages in English" => "Ta strona jest dostępna w różnych językach, ale forum i linki prowadzą do stron po angielsku"
"Polish" => Polski
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Thanks a lot Adamo, I have updated the page with your translations.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I'm at 50% translating into Spanish... Then I'll pass it over to mrs_scho ;)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I started translating yesterday, but I had to abandon it after a few minutes, because it just looks... weird (I mean the Czech text). We're using so many anglicisms in Czech computer-related speech that the translated text looks either as English with strange suffixes, or (if you translate the words like "engine" literally) not understandable.

OK, I'll do it somehow, but it would take some time. Maybe I should use the Polish translation as an example and guide. :D
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

@Jan: I tried to translate the text DIRECTLY to polish, but it sounds weird, so I had to change a lot (slavic languages has different syntax than english). It took me almost an hour to translate it that it sounds good!
@Christophe: I think that the main page text should be extended- if a polish person that doesn`t speak eglish at all visits this site, he would need a lot more information about all the stuff (take a look at my second post in this thread). I remember when I visited this site myself first time, I had great problems to understand a lot; for example about the clones, the editors; I didn`t understand what is what here. What is a clone of what, and how to run the games etc.
Gambit wrote:
phpBB supports different languages -- I guess there will be a polish pack somewhere.
hmm, it`s not necessary, but would be nice; but I fear that includind several different languages to the forums would be a lot of work, so I don`t know if it`s worth of it.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Adamo wrote:Gambit wrote:
hmm, it`s not necessary, but would be nice; but I fear that includind several different languages to the forums would be a lot of work, so I don`t know if it`s worth of it.
It's just a question of installing the pack and then you enable it in your profile -- all form text is then changed to that language (NOT the posts themselves, obviously, those will remain in the language they were entered in!)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

@Adamo: I think too much text on the home page makes it less attractive and useful. Maybe we can add another page with the additional information you would like to see? (it is not clear for me exactly what you want to add).
All the forums here are in english, and I don't think the worldwide community of DM fans is large enough to justify forums in multiple languages. This would make many small forums with very little activity.
Of course we can discuss this topic, but until we decide to include non english forums, I don't see the point in having the forum interface in a language other than english when the content itself is english only. If one's english skills are high enough to read/post messages, they should be enough for the forum interface itself.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I agree with Christophe in both points:

- there is enough text on the homepage (more text would make it less lucid and attractive)

- I presume that most of the people playing (or wanting to play) DM have at least a basic knowledge of English (e.g., like me :D ); and that creating forums in more languages would either scatter the community into pieces - or create a cluster of almost unused forums (the first option being a real threat)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Here comes the Czech translation:

Dungeon Master: Creating Order out of Chaos since 1987.
Dungeon Master: Od roku 1987 vytváří Řád z Chaosu.

Note: This page is available in several languages, but the forum is in English and the links point to pages in English:
Poznámka: Tato stránka je dostupná v několika jazycích, ale diskusní fórum je pouze anglicky a také odkazy směřují na stránky v angličtině:

Česky.

What is this place?
Co je tohle za místo?

Welcome to the home page of the online community of Dungeon Master fans. Visit the Forums to discuss anything about the games.
Vítejte na domovské stránce online komunity fanoušků hry Dungeon Master. Navštivte Forums a diskutujte cokoli týkající se této hry.

There was a video game released in 1987 for the Atari ST called Dungeon Master. It was a dungeon adventure game, but its mix of atmosphere, simple interface, hidden mechanics and real time nature meant it is still loved today.
V roce 1987 vyšla pro Atari ST počítačová hra nazvaná Dungeon Master. Byla to dobrodružná hra odehrávající se v podzemním bludišti; je dodnes oblíbena díky mixu atmosféry, jednoduchého ovládání, skryté mechaniky, a toho, že je v reálném čase.

The game spread to many other platforms and 4 sequels were released: Chaos Strikes back (using the same original engine), Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (with an updated engine), an adaptation of the original game for the PC Engine / Turbogafx console named Theron’s Quest and one last game named Dungeon Master Nexus on the Sega Saturn console, this time featuring a real 3D environment.
Hra se rozšířila na mnoho dalších platforem, a následovaly ji čtyři pokračování: Chaos Strikes Back (používající stejný původní engine), Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (s inovovaným enginem), adaptace původní hry pro PC / konzolu Turbofax, zvaná Theron’s Quest, a konečně hra nazvaná Dungeon Master Nexus pro konzolu Sega Saturn, tentokrát se skutečným 3D prostředím.

While FTL Games --the company behind the games-- doesn’t exist anymore, the fan base does, and many exciting projects are still being developed.
Zatímco společnost FTL Games --která tyto hry vytvořila-- již neexistuje, stále je tu základna nadšenců, kteří vyvíjejí mnoho zajímavých projektů.

The games were original and you can remember it all over again too. Download them, play them, and learn their secrets at the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia.
Hry byly originální, a teď si je můžete znovu připomenout. Stáhněte si je, hrajte je a poznejte jejich tajemství na encyklopedii Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia.

Over the years people have been able to hack and decypher the code, leading to many projects to extract data and create new dungeons and graphics. Check the links in the Community part of this page!
Lidem se v průběhu let podařilo postupně proniknout do kódu her a rozšifrovat jej, což vedlo k řadě projektů které z nich extrahovaly data a vytvořily nová bludiště a grafiku. Prohlédněte si odkazy ve fanouškovské části těchto stránek.

Check what the community has created
Prohlédněte si co vytvořila společnost fanoušků

Clones: Easy to play on modern computers
Klony: Je jednoduché je hrát na moderních počítačích

Fans have created some clone engines of the games, with editors available:
Fanoušci vytvořili několik klonových enginů těchto her, pro něž jsou dostupné editory:

• CSBwin: A true port of DM and CSB on not just Windows, but Linux, MacOS X and Pocket PC. The project has expanded the engine with advanced features and new expanded dungeons are available, but will of course still play the original dungeons.
• CSBwin: Věrná adaptace DM a CSB nejen pro Windows, ale také pro Linux, MacOS X a PocketPC. Projekt obohatil původní engine o pokročilejší prvky a rozšířil jej o nová bludiště, ale samozřejmě stále umožňuje hrát i ta původní.

• Return to Chaos: An adaptation of DM and CSB for Windows, though the engine itself is made from scratch and allows high resolution graphics beyond the original DM as well as dungeons much bigger than those DM could originally handle. It also features a full editor with many fun new features to create traditional or completely new feeling dungeons.
• Return to Chaos: Adaptace DM a CSB pro Windows, ovšem engine samotný je zpracován zcela nově a umožňuje používat grafiku s podstatně vyšším rozlišením než původní DM, a stejně tak i bludiště mnohem větší než jsou ta která dokáže pojmout původní DM. Obsahuje také úplný editor s mnoha novými prvky, umožňujícími vytvářet jak tradiční, tak i zcela nově vypadají bludiště.

• Dungeon Strikes Back: Another remake of the DM engine for Windows, also allowing high resolution graphics and much larger dungeons than the original. The Lua scripting language is extensively integrated, to allow dungeon designers almost complete freedom in what they are able to create.
• Dungeon Strikes Back: Další předělávka DM enginu pro Windows, jež také umožňuje grafiku o vysokém rozlišení a mnohem větší bludiště než originál. Široce zahrnuje skriptovací jazyk Lua, což dává autorům bludišť téměř úplnou svobodu v tom co dokáží vytvořit.

• Dungeon Master Java: A platform independent game inspired by DM, but with some significant differences in gameplay as well as high-resolution graphics. It includes a full graphical editor. Its original author has stopped working on it but others continue to maintain the project. There are separate Dungeon Master Java Forums for this game.
• Dungeon Master Java: Nezávislá platforma inspirovaná DM, s některými významnými rozdíly ve hře samotné, a s grafikou o vysokém rozlišení. Zahrnuje úplný grafický editor. Původní autor tohoto projektu na něm již přestal pracovat, ale další lidé jeho funkci převzali. Pro tuto hru jsou oddělená diskusní fóra – Dungeon Master Java Forums.

Visit the Clones section for a list of other projects.
Navštivte sekci klonů – Clones – se seznamem dalších projektů.

Custom Dungeons: fan made new dungeons
Custom Dungeons: nová bludiště vytvořená fanoušky

You have completed the original game and you want more? Try out some the many custom dungeons.
Dohráli jste původní hru a chcete více? Zkuste některé z mnoha fanouškovských bludišť.

Visit the Custom Dungeons section for a list of other dungeons and read Custom Dungeon Reviews. Another List of dungeons is available in the forum.
Navštivte sekci Custom Dungeons se seznamem dalších bludišť a přečtěte si jejich recenze – Custom Dungeon Reviews. Další seznam bludišť – List of dungeons – je dostupný na diskusním fóru.

Tools: extract data, create new graphics and dungeons
Nástroje: extrahujte data, vytvořte novou grafiku a bludiště

• ADGE.net: Extract and edit data from DM and CSB.
• ADGE.net: Extrahujte a editujte data z DM a CSB.

• CSBuild: Create custom dungeons for CSBwin.
• CSBuild: Vytvořte si vlastní bludiště pro CSBwin.

• Swoosh construction Kit: Extract data (graphics, music, dungeons, etc.) from many versions of the games.
• Swoosh construction Kit: Extrahujte data (grafiku, hudbu, bludiště apod.) z mnoha verzí těchto her.

• Dungeon Master II Graphics.dat Editor: Extract and edit all data from Dungeon Master II.
• Dungeon Master II Graphics.dat Editor: Extrahujte a editujte veškerá data ze hry Dungeon Master II.

• DMute: Edit dungeons for the original DM and CSB.
• DMute: Editujte bludiště pro původní DM a CSB.

Visit the Tools section for a list of other projects.
Navštivte sekci nástrojů – Tools – se seznamem dalších projektů.

Christophe: I had problems with some particular words which have no Czech counterparts - I mean where English words are used in Czech computer language. Some of them I translated with just a slight change of meaning, because they looked ridiculous in Czech text - for instance I translated the word "dungeon" as "bludiště" (meaning labyrinth or maze). Other such words I left in English (for example the word "engine" which is normally used in Czech language for software engines). Maybe, Christophe, you could put the word "engine" (and derived forms - with Czech suffixes) in the Czech text in italics.

I'll review the text as soon as you put it on the webpage and let you know if I find any inconsistencies or mistakes.