A Conflux topic?

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Make A Sticky Conflux Topic?

Hell Yeah! I'm not afraid!
33%
No! Please! I couldnt take anymore of it! I'm gonna die!
67%

Total votes: 6

Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

A Conflux topic?

Post by Sera »

might as well make a sticky topic for this, because nearly everywhere i look its conflux this, conflux that, or just a sentence that speaks out the name!

I must be the only one unaffected or non killable there, so ill do something for everyone and make a poll for zyx's little victims.. sticky conflux topic? yes or no?
Last edited by Sera on Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I don't think there should be one, as there is so much that can be said about Conflux - it wouldn't all make sense in the same topic. When I started playing and needed hints, I deliberately made a new topic so I couldn't read what others have already said about it - I didn't want to spoil anything for me. I suppose the same is true for everybody else who plays it for the first time. I enjoyed your diary very much Sera, and I hope I will read some other topics like it in the future. But this will only be possible if new players start topics of their own. Furthermore, the dungeon contains so much that several topics are needed to keep everything clear - at least, that's my opinion. :wink:
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

understandable, i might continue my diary eventually depends if i get back into it and actually finish the game.
Immortal Dungeoneer.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

a) not in the news section
b) there are about three I started in the custom section that were for general discussions on spoilers, plays, etc - ressurect them and talk peoples!
c) Never forget the other great dungeons out there
d) never forget the other lesser known dungeons people have done that don't get as much recognition
e) never forget that old white wrigglers was the lowest of the low (great, I will have that phrase in my head and no one will know where it is from anyway)
f) I laugh you still think you are unkillable...I'm sure there are areas that could kill you if you could get access to them
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I agree with Beowuff, no reason to give *all* the credit to Zyx -- there are plenty of other dungeons out there and if you're encouraging more focus on Conflux, others will become forgotten.

I also moved this as it's about custom dungeons.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I don't understand the point of making it sticky, but I'm against it. Threads live and die and are accordingly placed on the top or on the bottom of the list.
Besides, in the custom dungeons list, there is already a list of links to Conflux's threads of comments.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

what does sticky topic mean in the first place?
sth. like obligatory?? I have no clue, maybe someone
can point that out to me, please. thanks.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If a topic is Sticky, it means it remains at the top of that forum no matter how many new threads are started, therefore it doesn't get pushed to the bottom of the pile if no-one posts to it for a long time.
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

ahhh. :idea:
that really helped, Ameena!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

now that beo has pointed out a few things that i never thought of before making this, i wish i never made this topic, either lock it or delete it, your choice.

oh and beo, you can keep laughing then, because the only things ive died to are things that were just funny or things that i felt like testing, and not serious gameplay (one for example where i made a huge pit with so many floors down on DM Java)
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Paul

conflux topic

Post by Paul »

Yes, make a conflux topic!!! Put everything to do with conflux in one area.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Umm, there are currently 5 - 10 conflux topics with a wide range of spoilers and differening subjects. Pick one of those. The download one on the encyclopaedia forum can also have reviews. As good as conflux is, this is a custome dungeon forum not a conflux forum!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Maybe it's time to create a forum for conflux then; all the other dungeons are buried several pages down because of threads about conflux. It's choking the other custom dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think users just being sensible and answering existing threads would be better! Conflux threads will die, apart from your latest one and maybe the two spoiler ones. : )