Surgical Strike - keys (Spoilers)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

By "at the top," do you mean in the tower? I think I know which door you mean, and it's the way out if you fall down one of the nearby pits.

The skeleton lock, the golem, and the third ending are all connected... and that's all I'll say for now. :wink:

I think I may have hidden the second skeleton key a little too well... but I'll see what happens.

The emerald lock thing is a bug, thanks.

There are gems. (More secrets to find?) I left bones out because I was going to have a puzzle centered around the Vi Altar that I ended up that I didn't have. There are no blue boxes because only a green box can solve the "Altar of Time" and I didn't want to confuse things.

You can get some nice items behind the turquoise doors, but they're not strictly necessary. :)
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Nice dungeon Sophia! :D
Some great puzzles, mechanisms and ideas.
I'm finding it very frustrating trying to find my way around it though.
When I want to go back to an area I was at a while before I seem to spend
about half an hour going round in circles before eventually finding it.
But its great fun when I'm not lost.
Anyway, I'm stuck!
I've got 2 master keys so far but seem to be missing a sapphire key on choose your nightmare. I got one from a cuital and got it back from a crack after using it and found another one and opened the first door down the stairs with it. But then there is another sapphire key door just after it.
Where should I look for another?
I've done the corbamite mines and used that sapphire key down there.
I have the tower to explore in the meantime.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

There is a small button on the wall a bit before you get to the sapphire doors, near a pit advising you not to look down. Press it once and examine the dungeon carefully. Not all is as it seems, and a new way will be open to you. The sapphire key is found here.
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Two new ways are opened, a different up and a different down. I'd only gone down. Thanks for the tip.
I think I'm nearing the end now. I've got all the master keys and used them.
Now to see what they are up to in that project venom room :)
BTW you have an evil sense of humour, I liked 'Do something stupid', 'not THAT stupid' and the other jokes I found :twisted:
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Finished it now :) or at least I've had 2 endings.
Excellent dungeon, I'm very impressed with your
dungeon making skills. (Reactor was excellent too).
My only problem was getting lost trying to get back
to old places but thats probably my own bad sense of
direction and that different dungeon areas all look similar
which is a problem with the graphics set.
But that was only a minor niggle and the positives is a long list.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I'm glad you like it. :D

For SS I was trying for more of a CSB "chaotic" feel to it, so hearing about all the times people have gotten lost is a good thing, I think. :wink:

To tell the truth, I don't get lost in the SS dungeon very often, but that's hardly a fair thing to say. :twisted:
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Yes it definately has more CSB feel.
I'd be worried if you couldn't find your way around your own dungeon!
How long did it take you to make SS?
Some of the mechanisms (e.g. dance) must have been quite tricky
to get working how you wanted?
Did you do it mostly in GGed?
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

D'oh! :wink: I've forgotten where to find the Square Key :cry: Please could you be so kind as to telling me where it is... On a different note, I've found TWO Turqoise Keys and a RA Key! (Not used it yet tho...) Ooooooh...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

PadTheMad wrote:Please could you be so kind as to telling me where it is...
It's near the four pits where you have to put in a Topaz key. Just before you get to that keyhole, there's some stairs down. Take those stairs and then wander that new area for a while and you should get to the Square key.
Patto
Neophyte

Post by Patto »

I am completely stuck. I have been wandering round for ages now and cannot find where to go.

So far I have solved the 4 riddles to get the first skeleton key. Got one master key. 1 Turquoise key. Have used the first Topaz key. In my possesion now I have a gold key and a Topaz key. Have got to the tower but need an emerald key.

I cannot find the areas mentioned like - mines, gigagiggler etc.

I am sure I have checked everything but just can't find any new paths or doors to open.

Please help.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Patto wrote:now I have a gold key and a Topaz key.
If you have a Topaz key you're never completely stuck! Pick another path.. have you been to the Furnace?
Patto wrote:Have got to the tower but need an emerald key.
There's one not far from where you need it. You'll have to find a way to defeat the security system, first, though...

I hope this helps, I don't want to spoil too much! :D
Patto
Neophyte

Post by Patto »

I am sure I have been to the furnace. Can vaguely remember a sign on the wall saying furnace. Can't find where it is again though. Not sure what you mean by pick a different path. I seem to have wandered everywhere but can find no other path.

Thanks for your help though. will try and find the furnace again and see if I have found everything there.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I know it's not directly related to keys but how exactly can I 'Open My Mind'? :wink:
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Patto wrote:I seem to have wandered everywhere but can find no other path.
I'm not sure where you are, but SS is designed rather nonlinearly and there's almost always another way to go... :)

For example, from the areas you've described that you've seen, and haven't seen, it seems your explorations have been confined to mostly the upper levels of the dungeon. Have you been down to the scorpion lair? Below that, even? :)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

PadTheMad wrote:I know it's not directly related to keys but how exactly can I 'Open My Mind'? :wink:
Pretend it's the 60's....
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Goddamn... You sly dog again!
Patto
Neophyte

Post by Patto »

Sophia wrote:
For example, from the areas you've described that you've seen, and haven't seen, it seems your explorations have been confined to mostly the upper levels of the dungeon. Have you been down to the scorpion lair? Below that, even? :)
Just found the furnace again. I can confirm that everything has been done there. The scorpion lair? I have encountered quite a few scorpions, but would not call it a lair as such.

I will just try and clarify what I have done so far. I have killed 2 red dragons. One where the gigglers and ghosts kept respawning and another which had The Hellion. As for scorpions there have been numerous yellow plus quite a few Orange? coloured scorpions that I have killed. So can't exactly say how far I have gone down. I have met the blue dragon and used the 1 master key I had but need the other 3.

I can sure tell that it is non linear, and as such I seem to be chasing my own tail, as it were. Good dungeon though, but gets me so frustrated wandering round the same areas time and again. grrh.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Hey Patto, if you've passed the area with the gigglers, ghosts and dragon then you should have the Winged Key which will allow you access to some of the areas you mentioned you have not yet been to. To get to the Winged Key door you can either: Take the passage opposite on the opposite side of the ejector seat to the Altar Of Pain room OR (If you have a Gold Key in your posession), take the passage to the right to the ejector seat in relation to the Alter Of Pain room and use it to open the wall to part of the scorpion lair. If that is too vaigue then I can really go into detail if you wish...
Patto
Neophyte

Post by Patto »

Thanks for the input PadTheMad. But just managed to find the Winged key by myself by finding a trick wall then using a gold key. Was ust going to post that I was no longer stuck and found your reply. Now off the the winged key lock. hehe.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

My reply was in reference to finding the Winged Key lock :P
Patto
Neophyte

Post by Patto »

PadTheMad wrote:My reply was in reference to finding the Winged Key lock :P
Oh sorry. I already knew where that was. Have been past it lots of times. It was just that I did not have the key itself.
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

Ok, I'm looking for a SPOILER.

I've mapped out the whole dungeon, and taken notes, but I can't find anywhere I haven't been already. I have the second cross key, the winged key, (both with help from spoilers; I hate illusion walls) an iron key, and a sar coin. I found doors for them but I can't find the skeleton key, any emerald or master keys, and the ra key. I have explored 8 levels, and checked all the pits.

On a side note, I'm disappointed that when I shoot the vorpal arrows they pass right through ghosts. (This is my first RTC dungeon, BTW) You can stab the ghosts, but you're lucky if you get 1 damage.
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

Oops, I guess that wasn't my second cross key. I thought I used the first to open the pit. Now I have closed it and am moving on. I'll let you know if I get stuck again.
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

I'm about ready to give up on the "prime" puzzle. I can't figure out what the arrow has to do with anything. How about another hint?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Have you red the hints with zyx and sophia, probably in this archive by now - it's in one of the ones with three pages I think

The arrow is simply pointing you your start position and direction of travel for the solution

I didn't click with this one correctly either, which is weird as the solution is actually quite simple once you realise
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

O.K. got it now. Yeah, this is the thread where they talk about it. I just needed the arrow to point the way.
bfboba
Neophyte

Re:

Post by bfboba »

Zyx wrote:ah, nevermind, I got it in the meantime. One of my first ideas, except I thought, god only knows why, I should follow a spiral pattern...
Hi I'm a newby here (DM forum), and it's great to create new dungeon, and this one is excellent !! :mrgreen: ,... and now I'm stuck here at "prime" room. Any hint for me ?

Thx

PS: I hope this forum is available :oops:

Boba
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Surgical Strike - keys (Spoilers)

Post by beowuuf »

This is the archive to celar some of the other forum clutter. If you post here:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 31&t=27847

Hopefully you might get more response! The answer or a hint to the answer might be buried in the puzzle. Been a while since I played it myself, I think ther arrow and it's direction is a clue where to start, and the prime itself (think numbers) is the solutions.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!