Conflux2 - escape from Mampang

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chewbacca
Apprentice

Conflux2 - escape from Mampang

Post by Chewbacca »

Okay, I found the toiwer of mampang and got the crown, but i want to go back up and find the way into the council chambers except I can't seem to get out from down here. The way I got down here was a stairway from the emerald level at the end of the poison hallway, but the door is closed and I think the only way to open it is the lever on the other side. Is there easy access to the other stairwells somehow? I admit I haven't finished mapping all of the lower levels, but I mapped most of level 9 (the relicuary level - I call the top level zero) and I couldn't find another way up. I mapped a lot of level 14 (the bottom level I think) but I got tired of the teleporters...
Well, actually there is a way back up but I'd have to lose my crown of nerra forever I think so is there another way?
-----------------------------------------------------------
This signature is blank.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Look for another dragon. He holds the key you need to escape.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

From what I remember, if you go up through the stairs from the poison hallway, you reach a closed door two levels above. This door can be opened from your side.

EDIT: ah, I see, the door of the poison hallway is closed. You need an emerald key to open it.
If you have no such key, you can try to visit the teleporter for the audiences within the tower.
Chewbacca
Apprentice

Post by Chewbacca »

Zyx wrote:ah, I see, the door of the poison hallway is closed. You need an emerald key to open it.
Aha!! Thanks Zyx... couldn't see the keyhole for all the poison...

When's III coming out? I think I read a post from June that said "give me a long month" or something... :) Can't wait to see it.

I've only tried a small handful of custom dungeons, and Conflux2 is far and away, without a doubt the most engaging. So much so that I don't even want to bother with any others... Are any of them worth the trouble?
This signature is blank.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, the month is becoming long, I concede that. I'm waiting for Rain to enhance his tool to work again on Conflux...

Conflux2 offers some eye candy but is not the best in terms of gameplay. Imprisonned again has nice fights, Tower of Chaos nice puzzles.
RTC's dungeons offer new features. Try Sophia's latest or Linflas's one.

Other dungeons feel more classic but are well done, like Durgan's or Toni's.
Several short dungeons are worth it too, like Poison or Lost Scrolls.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think if someone went to the effort of making one, it's worth the effort to at least start playing them and seeing for yourself!

I think ones close to the original DM with a twist like Parlous and Tomb of the Firestaff are worth checking out, I seem to recall Dust & Blood was fun, and also one of the smaller ones...was it beastmaster....was simple but well done

But yes, zyx's list is basically the ones with the most positive feedback
Chewbacca
Apprentice

Post by Chewbacca »

beowuuf wrote:I think if someone went to the effort of making one, it's worth the effort to at least start playing them and seeing for yourself!
Sounds noble enough, but unfortunately I can't devote my life to trying everything someone went to the trouble of making...
This signature is blank.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, yes you can, you may just not want to ; ) Bah to sleeping and eating, overrated anyway

Well, the above seven - eight or so are good starting places. Probably try the shorter ones like LMBs first, as Tower of Chaos or Imprisoned again are fairly in-depth ones that will take a while
Chewbacca
Apprentice

Post by Chewbacca »

beowuuf wrote:Lol, yes you can, you may just not want to ; ) Bah to sleeping and eating, overrated anyway
good point
beowuuf wrote:Well, the above seven - eight or so are good starting places. Probably try the shorter ones like LMBs first, as Tower of Chaos or Imprisoned again are fairly in-depth ones that will take a while
Yeah I keep meaning to try one but then I just keep playing Conflux.
This signature is blank.