New Look!!

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

New Look!!

Post by cowsmanaut »

feel free to give some input on the new look. I felt it was more in style with DM than silvery blue..

moo
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I think the new style is too dark.
Besides, it is difficult for me to read the text over the black background.
Don't change anything just for me, but I'd like that you change the configuration so that each user can choose its own style. Currently, the default style (the new one) overrides the style users have in their profiles.

Thanks,
Christophe
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Yuk!

Post by Gambit37 »

I agree with Christophe--it's now way too dark, and the serif font is actually quite hard to read on screen. I'd suggest lightening the background slightly, and lightening the text quite a lot! I preffered the default colour scheme.

Also, I think the icons for "Forums with New Messages" and "No New Messages" should be swapped around; it would be more ligical that way.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

changed it yet again.. is this better?

Also I have it overriding the style as it's the only way people will see it when they come by if they have already registered.. as I found out. It seems to have set it to what ever the defult was when you first logged on so no one would have noticed the difference. I'll give back the choice when a default style that is appealing has been chosen.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

The newest style is far better IHMO. But I agree with Gambit: I'd prefer a sans serif font on screen for all texts.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Whoa! Much better! I like this one, and it's looking quite like my new site's scheme too...!

The font is better, but I still think a sans-serif one would be easier to read.

Overall, I think it looks great, can we keep it please, please? Can we, can we? :wink:
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Actually, can you make the New Posts icon brighter - say yellow or green? There's not much distinction between the red and blue when you're looking over the index page quickly.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Coming to this late : )

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, I wondered why the forum was messed up and graphicless last time I posted! Now I know

I think that the 'final' look is great, except it took a few seconds to load everything on my poor 56k - any large graphic in the mix?

Also, I am finding it slightly dark - but my monitor is green-washed, so I'm not convinced this is the site, and might be just how it looks through this monitor - I will look at it through work tomorrow

On an unrelated note, I have been in bed half the weekend with some weird cold/flu hing - I have the .doc file open even now, I am re-typing it slowly! It really is the kiss of death for me to promise anything on a time-frame... : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh dear, you're gonna find DM Codex a bit slow then -- it's got pretty graphics intensive in the latest re-design. Guess I've become spoilt with my zippy broadband connection.

Get well soon, beowuuf. BTW, did you know that CSBuilder reports Wuuf as female? :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, that's ok, I'm beowuuf, the male version maybe?
And I think it caches graphics because now the board loads fine - plus I'm sure the codex is worth waiting for it to load : )

Curse you broadband and cable people! *shakes fist*
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well gambit.. why not make some spiffy new post and regular post images and I'll put them in.

Also.. can you make heads or tails of Cascade style sheets? Since that's what I need to edit to get the Sans-serif in here.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh, also.. I'm leaving this the default but allowign people to choose their own skins now based on what has been installed. Be sure to go to your user profile and change the setting to what you want. If there are other skins you would like to see let me know.

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Skins

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I actually like the subSilver look a lot. Dark colours may be closer to the DM series, but readability prevails... ;)

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

have you seen the Chronicles one? I can read everything with ease.

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yes, I actually used the chronicles skin before... but since my eyes are ruined from countless nights of sitting in front of my computer trying to find my way through dungeons I find the subSilver more friendly, although I want to add the chronicles one is perfectly readable as you said.

Regards PitD