DM2 Setup wont work

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
WarShrike
Neophyte

DM2 Setup wont work

Post by WarShrike »

Hi all, new guy here. :wink:

I have an old DM2 disk from my old 486 days. I love the game, its one of my all time favorites, but i haven't been able to get it to work in a long time.

I can install the game, but the Setup program wont launch. I've tried replacing the Setup program with the one found on the Demo version, but that doesnt change anything. Currently running WinXP, don't know if thats what is messing with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :D

***EDIT***
Also, i aquired an OLD 486 recently, like the first model that came out, to play some old games i cant on my main machine. Its got Win95 on it and Setup wont launch on that one either.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

DM2 won't run natively under XP. You need to use Dosbox.

Read this thread: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=25384

There are a lot of threads already about getting DM2 working on modern computers. Please read them before you go and start another.
WarShrike
Neophyte

Post by WarShrike »

Thanks. :wink:

I had read the other posts, but im not very knowledgeable about all that "hacker stuff" and was hoping for a simple solution. I went and got the DOSbox 0.65 and i have to admit, it couldnt have been easier. Got sound and music just fine. Cant believe after all these years im gonna be able to play this game again. :shock:

Thanks again