Therons Quest/Conflux III

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyp3001
Novice

Therons Quest/Conflux III

Post by andyp3001 »

Hi folks. After finishing CSB on RTC over 15 years after playing it in the Atari ST, I am finding myself drawn toward further slaughter. I am wishing to play a couple of the other custom dungeons, i.e. Conflux III and/or Theron's Quest. I have tried to get Theron's Quest for RTC, but my PC says it is an unknown file type prior to download, and I simply don't know how to get hold of Conflux III, and may get the same pre-download message anyway. Any of you good people know the definitive way of achieving this so I can play on?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Do you have Winrar installed? If not, you need to get it from rarlabs (it should be a free download)
andyp3001
Novice

Post by andyp3001 »

Thanks for replying, Beowuff. I didn't have Winrar, but I have now! But only the 40 day limited version. I do have Winzip if that works for whatever you're going to tell me! Anyway, Winrar installed. What now?!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Winrar is like winzip - you download the file then open to a new folder

With theron's quest, you then put it into your modules folder

With conflux III, it's a self contained game so you play through the bat files on the CSBwin engine

Although it says 40 day trial, mine still works btw!
andyp3001
Novice

Post by andyp3001 »

Thanks, Beowuff. I'll give it a try. Hopefully there will be many more days of Dungeon Mastery to come! Thanks again.