Nexus on CSB win?

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
stewy
Craftsman

Nexus on CSB win?

Post by stewy »

I was just wondering if paul or any one is going to put nexus on cbswin? I have a old computer and all your methuds?, I can not get to work. I really want to play it.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

My heart dropped when I saw your post title, I thought the spammers had come back! So I've renamed it from "Sex Nexus" to something more appropriate. Please don't use inappropriate titles just to get a reaction.

How can anyone port Nexus to CSBWin? Nexus is a 3D game, with a completely different engine. There is no point trying to convert it, you would lose too much.
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Newbies like me stumble about the various clones too.
It took quite some time to figure out, that CSBwin is a 1:1 convertion to PC with all its limits (holding up the nostalgia flag), RTC is a more open clone without the limits in graphics and sound, while DMjava is completely independant of the original.

There should be a "Newbies: what you should know" sticky thread explaining the differences and 'unwritten laws' that developed in this forum.

greetings
T0Mi

P.S.
I was wondering if the Amiga source code of DM differs that much from the Atari, as they both had the Motorola 68000 processor. There must be some differences, as the Amiga surly didn't use a raster interupt to divide the screen, creating another set of 16 colors, instead using the full palette.

Imagine Paul had baught an Amiga instead of an Atari back in those days... (forcing my fingers to type this... always was an Amiga hater and Atari lover...)