Hall of Dungeon Masters

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Duckman
Adept

Hall of Dungeon Masters

Post by Duckman »

Many if not all of you are GREAT players of the Dungeon master. Here you can vote for each subject who's the best out of us all. I don't yet count the votes but I might in future. You can still roughly seen who's known. If you have trouble understanding what I mean with some title ask me. If you vote you don't have to vote for all subjects, and you can vote for more than one, but time for categories:

DUNGEON MASTER & CHAOS STRIKES BACK (original or the ported version for CSBwin or DSB)

The Master of the skill: (The most skillfull player of the current subject)
The keenest of the Masters: (Who's most willing to play and help others in subject)
Holder of the Mastery of speedrunning: (Who can make the coolest speedruns trough the dungeons in question))
The DANE Master of greatest knowledge about: (Who is most likely to know the answer when someone's got a problem)
The all-round dungeon Master for original: (Who do you overall think to be the most true player of the original Dungeon master)
The all-round dungeon Master for CSB: (Most true CSBwinner)

DUNGEON MASTER II

The Master of the skill:
The keenest of the Masters:
Holder of the Mastery of speedrunning:
The DANE Master of greatest knowledge about:
The all-round second dungeon Master:

CSBwin custom dungeons

The Master of the skill:
The all-round windowed dungeon Master:

DMjava

The Master of the skill:
The all-round dungeon Master, banisher of the demon: (For the Alandale's dungeon which comes with the program)
The all round dungeon Master java: (For OTHER DMjava dungeons)

RETURN TO CHAOS

The Master of the skill:
Determined Master of difficulties: (Who can complete RTC dungeons with the highest difficulty level and monster multipliers)
The all-round second generation dungeon Master:

I don't list for DSB because there are part from ported original version no much dungeons you could play.

Dungeon creators

Master of the art of DMuting: (Who's best at creating hacked dungeons for original games.)
Master of the doubles: (Same but for DMII)
Master of the counterstrikes: (Best CSBbuild user)
Master of the java: (Same for DMjava)
Master of the second generation: (Same for RTC)
Master of the exvarcs: (Same for DSB)
The beautiful Master of beauty: (Best graphic desinger, all dungeons like those below)
The aggressive Master of aggression: (Most memorable fights)
The puzzling Master of puzzles: (More clever puzzles the better)
The Mastered speedbuilder: (Who can build dungeons fastest while still keeping them interesting in some degree. I don't think there's going to

be much argument with this one..)
Master for the masters: (Who has built the most difficult dungeon(s) while still keeping them possible and interesting)

Forum posters

Dungeon Master reviewer: (Who makes the best reviews)
The Master wordshipper: (Who always chooses the right words)
Spirit of the Masters: (Who is always kind, respective, encouraging and keeps the spirit up)
The DANE Master of the forums: (Who can be relied on the most to give a good advice)

Overall

Dungeon Master of the ways of playing: (Best player overall)
Dungeon Master of the ways of creating: (Best creator overall)
Dungeon Master of the ways of posting: (self-explanatory)

The true Dungeon MASTER: (The ultimate title out of these. Consider everything)

That's it.

By the way I am considering releasing a demo of "Storm of Sar" soon.
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Hall of Dungeon Masters

Post by Gambit37 »

Nice idea, but this simply isn't going to work. There are far too many options for people to think about and it'll create all sorts of negative feeling for people who don't agree with other people's ratings.

This is simply much too subjective to be useful or even fun. I do not want to see the forum become a popularity contest with people arguing of the merits of one person being rated over someone else. Sorry, but that's just not what this place is about.

However, there may be ways that this can be made fairer and more interesting. The thread is temporarily locked while I discuss this with other moderators.