Imprisoned Again (custom)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
the master
On Master

Imprisoned Again (custom)

Post by the master »

I am having a go at this old dungeon and have just come to a room with 4 cells which you obviously have to get the skeletons into and then close the doors. This open up another door to exit through. I picked up a horn just down the stairs which I am trying to use to make the skeletons move into the cells. This isn't working. Anyone have any idea how to get the skeletons into the cells. Thanks
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Imprisoned Again

Post by Jan »

Hmmm... this should work. Perhaps your priest level is too low? Have you tried using war cry? Try to get more priest levels and come back later!
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

How many party members do you have? It seesm to matter whether it is an individual or a full group (one of the fear effects at least)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

mmm that could be my problem, 3 charachters and not a priest amongst them. Is it essential that only a Priest can use the Horn of Fear and the War Cry to any effect then? Looks like I will either have to go back and get a priest or re-start the game.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

War cry generates priest levels, you just need to keep preactisingf unless restarting would be faster
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Don't restart. Just get back to the bottom, go to other tower, and return to this later when you have some priest levels. I used to play IA like this - always progressed in one tower as far as I could, then returned and continued with another one. There might be some regenerated monsters, but there's plenty of food, so that's not a problem.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Even without a flask, you can generate priest levels... just cast priest spells that have a chance to fail (cast a level 1 MA potion, then a VI potion... then level 2 VI, increasing the strength as you level up. Once you get powerful enough to cast fire/spell shield, you can just cast them instead).
Failing to cast a spell still grants you some XP. This method is especially useful at levelling up priest skills for a wizard, because they already have the extra mana to burn.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone