Showing wallitems side and far walls

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Showing wallitems side and far walls

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, let me say straight off that I know this is a massive request, and probably not easily doable due to breaking the file format, etc, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

There are two places where it would be nice to specify extra images for wall items:

1) When you are standing directly between two walls at position 0 and there is an item on the left or right wall, you can't see it, you just see wall. Looks odd if you have something really big on there for it to disappear when you turn to the side. In this example, there are mirrors to left and right -- I should be able to see part of them on the blank walls next to me.

2) When you can see items on the furthest visible walls, the perspective is incorrect. A bit difficult to see in this example, but lion fountains for example are especially weird. FTL actually stretched images at these locations by 'pulling' them towards the centre of the screen. I would suggest a better approach is to allow extra images for these locations.

Everytime you add something new, I ask for something else. Am I getting too annoying yet? :shock: :wink:
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hey Gambit, sorry for the question, but I`m just curiosed: what`s the resolution of these pictures? :shock: Thx.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The walls are from DM2 and in the original format, just doubled to fit RTC. Nothing special.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Any possibility of this?