PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tonari
Craftsman

PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT

Post by Tonari »

PARTYS_TILE is a good item.
It is interesting to be able to use TRIGGER also excluding graphic effect.
A special attack of the monster that needs the trigger can be made.
However, I think a special attack of the party that needs the trigger to bea still difficult.

For instance, the method of making STUN of MACE more effective by using HOLDER is devised.
It is likely to be able to make HOLDER appear forward of the party during the fixed time.
but HOLDER appears even if there is no monster there.
And, if the party advances, the party cannot move.
Moreover, it is very strange that GHOST faints.

It is thought that the trigger is necessary to solve these.
but it seems to be difficult to move the trigger that Edith is done.
For me to hit on is to put the trigger of inactive in all tiles of the dungeon.
(Or, besides, is there a good method?)

These will become easy if there is PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT.
and it is thought that there are a lot of extendibilities in PARTYS_TILE_
INFRONT.

In addition,-Though it might be difficult to make this-It might be perfect if there is OBJECTS_TILE.
Please forgive poor English.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Why can't you use a swap that swaps the object type to a version of itself that will expire into a trigger and an original item again?

For the arty tile, why can't you, each time the trigger occurs, create another trigger etc in the tile infront? That will expire

If you want an attack that holds a creature, much better to have a relay check for a monsgter infront than to mess around with triggers, surely - so extendign the relay function if it cannot already do this (i have lost track) would be better
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

I'm sorry. I did not write an essential thing.
As for PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT, the thing that happens to the tile happens similarly forward
of the tile of the party.
beowuuf wrote:Why can't you use a swap that swaps the object type to a version of itself that will expire into a trigger and an original item again?

For the arty tile, why can't you, each time the trigger occurs, create another trigger etc in the tile infront? That will expire
I think the thing "I can use SWAP and this already been done" to be written.
but a trigger alone that doesn't cause anything in SWAP can be generated.
And the trigger cannot be moved in ACTION of MOVE.
beowuuf wrote:If you want an attack that holds a creature, much better to have a relay check for a monsgter infront than to mess around with triggers, surely - so extendign the relay function if it cannot already do this (i have lost track) would be better
It is a good idea if it is said that it is necessary to enhance the function of
the relay.
I think add the one of OBJECT_PARTY_INFRONT to "Parameter 1", and add the category of OPBY to "Parameter 2".
I think this to be acceptable though it is not easy to use from the trigger
somewhat.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

For this "stun" thing, I think it would be more worthwhile to see if the FREEZE_LIFE action can be extended to target an individual creature, rather than everyone in the entire dungeon. George, is this doable/easy?

However, I will admit, I don't totally understand what you're asking... especially about the OBJECTS_TILE?

日本語でもいいわよ!
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

Sophia wrote:日本語でもいいわよ!
ありがとう、助かるよ。
Sophia wrote:For this "stun" thing, I think it would be more worthwhile to see if the FREEZE_LIFE action can be extended to target an individual creature, rather than everyone in the entire dungeon. George, is this doable/easy?
stun attackを限定されたFREEZE_LIFEで行うのは良いideaです。
しかし、私はstun attackの為だけにPARTYS_TILE_INFRONTを提案したのではありません。
stun attackは一つの例です。

別の例を挙げます。
私は剣でmonsterやshooterから発射されたmissileを叩き落すattack methodを考えています。
それを実行するためには、ACTIONを動かすためのtriggerをpartyの前方のtileに発生させる必要があります。
(それとも、他に良い方法がありますか?)

他にもideaはありますし、これから思いつくこともあるでしょう。
PARTYS_TILE_INFRONTがあれば、これらの仕掛けを全て簡単に行えます。

It is good idea to do with FREEZE_LIFE to which stun attack.
but I was not to have proposed PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT only for stun attack.
Stun attack is one example.

Gives another example.
I think about attack method dropped beating missile launched from monster and shooter with the sword.
It is necessary to generate trigger to move ACTION in tile forward of party to execute it.
(Or, besides, is there a good method?)

Other idea is, and will be likely to hit on in the future.
All these mechanics can be easily done if there is PARTYS_TILE_INFRONT.
Sophia wrote:However, I will admit, I don't totally understand what you're asking... especially about the OBJECTS_TILE?
私はOBJECTS_TILEについても説明していませんでした。
OBJECTS_TILEはdungeonに置くときにstandard itemを一種類選びます。
OBJECTS_TILEの上に起こる事は選ばれたstandard itemがあるtileの上にも同じように起こるでしょう。
PARTYS_TILEのpartyをitemに替えたものです。

これを使えばDM2のWOLFがBONEを追いかける仕掛けがどこでも働きます。
(DM2のこの仕掛けはWOLFを遠くに連れ出した場合、働きません)
もうMONSTER ATTRACTORをtileに敷き詰める必要はありません。

私はFIREBALLのように光るitemを作るのに良いと考えます。

I was not explaining OBJECTS_TILE.
When putting it on dungeon, OBJECTS_TILE chooses one kind of standard item.
The thing that happens on OBJECTS_TILE will happen similarly on tile with chosen standard item.
It is the one that party of PARTYS_TILE was substituted for item.

Beginning that WOLF of DM2 runs after BONE works anywhere if this is used.
(This setting DM2 doesn't work when WOLF is taken out far away. )
MONSTER ATTRACTOR need not be spread over tile any longer.

It is thought that I am good to make item that shines like FIREBALL.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

Because I had seen the addition of PARTYS_TILE, I proposed this idea.
But I think it is good even so if other ideas that generate edited trigger in an arbitrary place exist.
To execute ACTION chiefly at a position left from the position in which attack method was executed(weapon ect), it is needed.

For instance, I think that it is also good if it is possible to edit it when
trigger is made clone.
Clone of trigger only has to be generated in the dungeon now.
If it can be done, DAMEGE and MONSTER ATTRACTOR, etc. should be made similar.

However, I am already anxious about whether these things can be done.
(Of course, excluding the method of putting trigger on all tile of the dungeon.)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

分かりました。

OBJECTS_TILEは、作る人がSWAPを上手に使えば、これが要らないと思います。 ある物の場所で何かするのは、普通な物がSWAP_GLOBALで特別な物に変えるのがいいでしょう。

Now I understand.

I think that with judicious use of SWAP, OBJECTS_TILE isn't really necessary. If you want something to happen on the same tile/location as a certain object, just SWAP_GLOBAL it to a special object that performs an action.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

I can generate MONSTER ATTRACTOR at the position of item by using SWAP_GLOBAL.
But i do not understand the method of generating MONSTER ATTRACTOR that draws wolf to the position of item.
VORTEX is sure not to bite the bone.

Moreover, I do not similarly understand the method of generating damager that gives 50 damage to the position of item.
Moreover, I do not similarly understand the method of generating light with 300 light level at the position of item.
Moreover, I do not similarly understand the method of making ACTION_STOP_FLYING work at the position of item.
As for the tile of the party, at the previous state one step, it is similar.

If these things handle the dungeon mechanic well, can you do?
If it is possible, I will stop thinking about this problem for a while.
My dungeon creation technology is still immature.
But idea that only has to keep creating the dungeon might be found.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As described elsewhere, you have somehting which will swap to a version of itself with a very short lifetime, and which will expire to the normal version of itself and the item you wish, like an attractor, damage tile, etc
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

Can "Only wolf is attracted" monster attractor be generated by really using lifetime and expire?
I can generate usual monster attractor by using lifetime and expire.
But the method of generating "Only wolf is attracted" monster attractor is
not understood.

Because I had thought that this was impossible, I proposed PARTYS_TILE and OBJECTS_TILE.
Or, is there a good method of no awareness of me still?
When the method of generating "Only wolf is attracted" monster attractor at the position of item is concretely taught if it teaches, it is very helpful.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Tonari wrote:I can generate MONSTER ATTRACTOR at the position of item by using SWAP_GLOBAL.
But i do not understand the method of generating MONSTER ATTRACTOR that draws wolf to the position of item.
If you want to do something new, sometimes you have to dig around in the mechanics and figure something odd out. This is different, and so, it's going to require a bit of inventiveness. Also, you really could just do it the old fashioned way with triggers. With relative cut and paste that modern editor versions support, filling an even rather large area with triggers is not a very big problem. Your whole dungeon isn't likely to be crawling with wolves, so you really only need them in wolf areas. This OBJECT_TILE thing sounds like it might be something of a programming nightmare, and for very little gain over what you can do now, if you stretch the engine a bit. But that's the fun of being on the cutting edge!
Tonari wrote:I do not similarly understand the method of generating damager that gives 50 damage to the position of item.
Moreover, I do not similarly understand the method of generating light with 300 light level at the position of item.
These can both be done with a fireball explosion with no graphics. It'll generate a flash of light and do damage.
Tonari wrote:Moreover, I do not similarly understand the method of making ACTION_STOP_FLYING work at the position of item.
Doing this action as a temporary object expires should do what you want.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

It might be very difficult to introduce PARTYS_TILE and OBJECTS_TILE.
I will create it devising the mechanic whom I regarded by other methods.
Even if it is difficult, most things are possible by spreading the trigger over the dungeon.
However, I thought that I was able to introduce these by seeing the introduction of item named PARTYS_TILE.
And I want to create the dungeon mechanic as easily as possible :)
Therefore, I will wait to hear the idea of George Gilbert before it begins these work.
Sophia wrote:These can both be done with a fireball explosion with no graphics. It'll generate a flash of light and do damage.
Thank you.
This idea became a good hint for my dungeon.
Sophia wrote:Doing this action as a temporary object expires should do what you want.
However, another problem is here.
It did not work though I had already tested the method.
EXPLODE_SPELL, KILL_MONSTER and STOP_FLYING don't worked when I examined it again.
George. Are it easier to make these work at the place when item is expire?
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

I was able to solve most concerning my problem.
I noticed the method of moving trigger and damager, etc. now! :D
But when many and unspecified item and monster cause beginning, this method has a few problems.
I will wait for ver0.43 to make sure before beginning my work.