Dungeon designer setting difficulty

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Dungeon designer setting difficulty

Post by Parallax »

I only have a vague understanding of how the absolute dungeon difficulty rating (ADDR, the quality of an import party that corresponds to 100%) is set for a custom dungeon, but I understand it is computed by RTC based on a variety of factors.

There are situations, however, when the designer might want to set the ADDR at a level different from what RTC came up with. For instance, Thom's new dungeon, 'The Dark Stronghold of Xarostak', has the ADDR somehow set way high, so that the character 'test', of new dungeon fame, sets the bar at 53%.

In a different dungeon, the designer might want to let the player pick one character among N at the start of the dungeon, but offer the option of recruiting other, more powerful characters further down the line, maybe letting one and only one among four very powerful champions join the party right before the final battle. This is bound to throw the ADDR calculator for a loop.

This is why I am requesting that the option to manually set the ADDR in the dungeon file be added.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

The difficulty when the character is imported compares the character of the mirror in the dungeon and strength now and is decided.
Therefore, the difficulty can rise more gradually by putting a strong character on the dungeon.
Thom might leave the character for the test put on the dungeon.

The height of statistics concealed now doesn't influence the rise of the
difficulty.
Does everyone think that it should correct this?
Please forgive poor English.