Keyboard shortcuts for right-handed actions.

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
demo
Neophyte

Keyboard shortcuts for right-handed actions.

Post by demo »

I would really like to see keyboard shortcuts for the attack buttons.

Either direct (ie KEY_CHAR_1_ATTACK_1, KEY_CHAR_1_ATTACK_2) or a combination (KEY_CHAR_1_ATTACK, KEY_ATTACK_1) with two keys.

The reason is to make it easier to play with the keyboard... since on a laptop the "mouse" isn't always suited for playing games :)

I would probably guess that you wouldn't need that much time to implement this feature since I guess both the key-handling, config-reading and internal actions are implemented.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

ha! I had the same problem with CSBwin.. I don`t have a numpad in my laptop, moreover, there are "EURO" and "$" keys, wchich didn`t fit to the "turn left/right" functions. I had to change them in config file. I think it should also work with RTC. Open "config.txt" file with notepad and try to edit this.
When you`ve got mouse in right hand, it`s best to adaptate "qwe/asd" keys for the moves. If you`re right-handed, of course ;)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Mostly playing RTC on a laptop I absolutely support this suggestion, but I'd prefer a 1-key-solution.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.