DM2 suggestions

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

DM2 suggestions

Post by Lunever »

1) Right, geologically crystal regrowth within a couple of hours doesn't make any sense. But is that detail so important in a cosmology infused with magic, that it has to be deleted from the original FTL dungeon? I don't think so.

2) As far as I know, in some original FTL dm2 version there is a place near the axemen altar where meteor metal regrows. While this might METEORologically not make sense, even if you should decide not to have metal regrow, at least 1 piece of meteor metal should be lying around there.

3) While I accept that the RTC engine won't ever be able to emulate the 2-weapon-fighting of the original FTL-DM2, and many a regular wouldn't want it anyway, there is one aspect in this issue that might still be adressed: In original FTL-DM2 there were many suitable combinations of weapons held. I liked of course the max-damage combination of 2 voraces, or a vorax and a fire shield, but I also liked using vorax + blue steele or vorax + excymir or vorax + vorpal blade or excymir + vorpal blade or 2 vorpal blades very much. In RTC-DM2 there is not much useful aside the one and only standard, that is vorax + fireshield, because excymir and vorpal blade do not even grant their boni left-handed.
In DM1/CSB/RTCDM I don't care anymore since the rabbit's foot has been forced to the left-hand anyway, but in DM2 I find it annyoing.

4) Right, the current engine does not support a scout map/minion. But it does support the CSB map spells, and among them ZoIrNeta would make a suitable replacement. Please include it in DM2 V0.46 in case you should decide that the time for the scout has not yet come.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

@Lunever: I have to agree very strongly with point (3). I think that GG should include an option to split the "weapon action" buttons in half (1 for the left hand, 1 for the right) it could even be done on a diagonal (split the square into 2 triangles that can be clicked seperately), or split the button into top/bottom halves, the item icons are even already the right size for this...

Please GG, DM2 isn't anywhere near as much fun without this. You can fix it.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
zoom
Grand Master

Re: DM2 suggestions

Post by zoom »

Lunever wrote: In DM1/CSB/RTCDM I don't care anymore since the rabbit's foot has been forced to the left-hand anyway (..)
what do you mean by that? please explain. The luck bonus only applies if you hold
the rabbit's foot in the left hand (=action hand?) or what?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

At one point it was, I can't remember if this was ever retracted - and left hand = off hand
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

How beneficial was the luck element?

If you held a rabbit's foot in your left hand,
were the chances of hitting a monster that much better?

This 'hidden' abilities function has always been a little confusing to me.
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think so, it was explained somwhere on the CSBwin forum, and by now on the DM Encyclopaedia

Luck was fun, if you had alot of it, it drained, if you had less of it, it slowly went upwards

Cursed items were supposed to reduce it, but there was a bug where if you wore enough cursed items the effect looped around, hence anyone wearing a full set of cursed armour probably hit more!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I don't know all details, but basically, in FTL-DM Luck was a hidden stat, that modified the success of everything a bit. Unsuccessful rolls increased luck subsequently, successful rolls decreased it subsequently. Cursed items decreased luck, a very few items like the rabbit's foot increased it. It didn't matter where in the inventory you kept the rabbit's foot. I'm preferring this FTL method.

In RTC the rabbit foot does something completely different. It increases your chance of scoring a critical hit, and it only does so, if you keep it in your off-hand, which makes it incompatible with shields. I don't think that the rabbit's foot was meant to be a hand-held device, but then it's George's decision and so far he insists on that rabbit's foot version.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Beowuuf and Lunever, in the same day? Wow!

Good to see you guys. If you participate in a Christmas or Seasonal celebration, I hope you both have a good time.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Duckman
Adept

Re: DM2 suggestions

Post by Duckman »

AGREED! and there are more:

1) Thunderbolts (of vortexes and lesser minions) did not cause about 50 damage, they caused 5-10 or so.

2) Damager of the spike wall is FAR too strong.

3) Thicket thiefs should be slower but more dangerous

4) From when vortexes have been vurnerable to excsymyr or blue steele?
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.