[Done for V0.50] experience learning rate

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
mortal
Neophyte

[Done for V0.50] experience learning rate

Post by mortal »

hello,

i thought it would be nice to have an option somewhere (in the rtceditor for instance, to set a factor for how much our warriors get.
There is something like this per level in csbwin,

the why's :)

- Why is this feature wanted & necessary:
i don't have hours to play of free time, i'm not a student anymore, and i already finished the game once i was young.

Even then i never achieved more than square mastery or maybe = mastery (for magicians), and it requires so much dumb training against a wall or dummy. Especially the ninja skills are really tooo boring to train, i prefer the fighter on a door :) You remember having stacked 50 scryers mushroom part on the floor, throwing them with your leader, in a 2x2 room ??

on a side note, after reincarnation, it took a lot of hit (from my point of view) to go from nothing to neophyte fighter.

I'd like to see how my characters fare when they reach archmastery ^^

=> then maybe the game would need some kind of slider to increase difficulty in order to compensate for that (increase monster life points & damage & accuracy for instance)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can edit the basic dungeons .txt file in order to accomplish this - either tweak the starting champions, or tweak the level number (it is present on RTC too, and has exactly ther same effect)

Hope that helps!
Ralendil
Novice

Post by Ralendil »

yes but something that would allow us to be able to control the number of experience points needed to reach a level would be a good feature

I have the same problem but inverse...

I would want that levels would be longer to get them.
(I love the game when your characters are in the first levels)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well, in a way tweakign the experience modifiers of ther level can do this, since it will feel like the champions require more points to reach a level.

You could also clone actions, and re-assign the experience gain from them - although it would not help basic actions such as throwing items with the hand though :(
Ralendil
Novice

Post by Ralendil »

beowuuf wrote:Well, in a way tweakign the experience modifiers of ther level can do this, since it will feel like the champions require more points to reach a level.

You could also clone actions, and re-assign the experience gain from them - although it would not help basic actions such as throwing items with the hand though :(
Well, I can guess that it would be a monstruous work...

At contrary, allowing us to tweak the experience points needed to reach a level would be easy to do.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have seen GG lurking around this week, so perhaps... :D
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Ralendil wrote: allowing us to tweak the experience points needed to reach a level would be easy to do.
You can do this in DSB... ;)
Ralendil
Novice

Post by Ralendil »

Sophia wrote:
Ralendil wrote: allowing us to tweak the experience points needed to reach a level would be easy to do.
You can do this in DSB... ;)
yes but editing DSB seems a lot more difficult :p
By exemple the magy is not easy to modify.
I suppose that adding new items is also diffcult :p
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Well, it's not difficult for me. But I'm biased. :wink: :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And luazy!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Ralendil wrote:allowing us to tweak the experience points needed to reach a level would be easy to do.
Done for V0.50