Negative Lighting

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Negative Lighting

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I know that it may be a while before you read this George, but I'd like to request negative lighting (both for FLOORITEM_LIGHT and equipped items). I'd like this to affect the maximum light level aswell EG:
Normal light level/maximum: 80/100
Negative light level/maximum: (-10) 70/90

The main reason I'd use this would be for purposely darkened areas of the dungeon, and for cursed items (items that darken the dungeon, until the curse is removed)

Thanx

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't looked at the lighting side of things much yet. Is this not already possible using ACTION_DARK_AMBIENT?
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

The DARK_AMBIENT approach may sorta work but not the way I'm referring to. For example: imagine a torch that eminates darkness instead of light, or armor that drains light (irrelevent of how many light spells you cast).

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can you not use some spell intercepts to have armour block light spells, after first casting darkness itself? And putting the ambient light to a lower level for each level?

For the torch, surely you can have it trigger a constantly re-triggering wall obect that sets the light to a certain level, aping darkness