0 flight drag

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

0 flight drag

Post by Lord_BoNes »

It is my personal opinion that of value of 0 in the "drag" box should mean "flys forever" IE: item never falls until it hits something. Now, for cases where an item enters a infinate teleportor chain, the item should fly for say 100 or 200 squares, before it stops.

This should be irrelevant of ninja skills, that should just determine the damage inflicted when the said item hits someone.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Do you mean the item does last 100-200 turns, and shouldn't?

I think power also affects the distance travelled, drag is an additinal factor to compensate for differing items.

Does a -1 power in a shooter say give you the infinite range you are looking for?
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I wasn't meaning out of a shooter (a 0 drag item, firing out of a shooter with 100 strength is fine).

What I mean is the "throw" mechanics. 0 drag items do fly forever, but not always. They can "fumble" from the fingers of the thrower. I was wanting a way to avoid this "fumbling", a semi-permanent flight.

EG: I used 0 drag in making my "vorpal arrow", the arrow converts on throw, into a "glowing arrow". This arrow then flys along converting down a chain every tick, DES-EWing the square it's on. It does this for 8 squares of flight (changing back into the "normal arrow" on impact with something).
The problem is when the item "fumbles", it sorta jiggles on the ground for 8 ticks.
There is no-way of detecting when an item stops, that's why I did the 8 tick thing, but it looks weird.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I noticed that in Sophia's Surgical Strike, the Assassin Star (or Northern Star, I forget which), does the same jiggling thing when it returns to the tile in front of you. I guess there's no way around this due to the random offsets RTC applies to objects on the ground

Unless you can teleport it somewhere hidden while it does it's jiggle thang, then move it back to the party once it's finished its final convert?