FLOORITEM_EVERY_TILE

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

FLOORITEM_EVERY_TILE

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'd like to suggest the future creation of an EVERY_TILE flooritem trigger, by this I mean, something similar to FLOORITEM_PARTYS_TILE, but for every single tile in the dungeon (activates whenever anything moves/collides/lands/created/etc).

This implementation would open up a lot of possibilities in the engine, allowing dungeon designers (like myself) to do a lot of cool things...
EG:
1) Detect the power of a spell/item, mid-flight, and create an equally powered object on the floor (a bomb, etc)
2) Detecting if a monster stepped on a trap (water elemental moving over a floorgrate)... I know that this one is already possible... but, when alot of grates are used, having that extra trigger per grate, the filesize increases rather rapidly.
3) Detecting the kind of object that an spell/item impacted... wall, monster, member of party, etc. and react accordingly... if hit wall, go ding. if hit monster, go squish. if hit member of party, go ahhhhh! my leg :P

Just another suggestion to add to my ever growing list. LOL :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone