Versions list

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Duckman
Adept

Versions list

Post by Duckman »

Nay, do not ban this yet beo! i am nay asking to distribute the old versions in RTC web page.

Instead, i would like if there came a text file wit' the rtc which lists the major upgrades made trough versions, both because of the interest and because it would help understandin' some things in older dungeons. I have seen such a textfile wit' so many products so it would be welecome till RTC too... it is nay that much work is'nt it?
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Versions list

Post by Gambit37 »

George lists the changes between each version in this thread:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=23449
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

Gambit37 wrote:George lists the changes between each version in this thread:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=23449
Ok thank ye but it still would nay hurt to pack it as a text file wit' rtc. After all, when tis' theard has been made george would only hav to copy it!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What's the point though? It's right here and most people don't read text files anyway, as evidenced by the number of questions on the forum for things that are answered in the text files supplied with RTC! ;-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, to be fair I think GG pointed out that many RTC downloads came direct, and he even has hall of champions entries from people who never touch this forum. However, I forget where the files are hosted. Do we have power to put the version list in there? It may well be a good idea, we can't arrogantly demand people come to out community to enjoy GGs work if they don't want to! (No matter what Jan does recruitment wise)

Also, Duckman, could you maybe tone down your speech mode a little? I know I had to read the above a couple of times, and allegedly I speak English. I fear for some of our non-english speakers when it gets too involved! :)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

beowuuf wrote:(No matter what Jan does recruitment wise)
:oops:
beowuuf wrote:allegedly I speak English.
:D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

beowuuf wrote:Actually, to be fair I think GG pointed out that many RTC downloads came direct, and he even has hall of champions entries from people who never touch this forum. However, I forget where the files are hosted. Do we have power to put the version list in there? It may well be a good idea, we can't arrogantly demand people come to out community to enjoy GGs work if they don't want to! (No matter what Jan does recruitment wise)

Also, Duckman, could you maybe tone down your speech mode a little? I know I had to read the above a couple of times, and allegedly I speak English. I fear for some of our non-english speakers when it gets too involved! :)
Yes, dialect works badly unless you are a real englander/scotlander/welsh/yank. i'll stop.