copy/paste

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lai
Adept

copy/paste

Post by Lai »

2 new ways:
1) areas, not only single tiles. its useful to copy complicatet functions, paste at other place.
2) allow to copy tiles/areas from build A to build B.
this would allow to steal complicatet functions from original versions or some player versions too.(at a time i dont realize there are a wiki, i rebuild the firestuff function from original last level and rebuild it first 1:1 in my own dungeon, to change at second step looks/triggers etc like i want them to work/look. it was
a big challenge for me, cause my ability to "code" with a editor are inferior as my english :mrgreen:)

this would allow to integrate ready builded mechanics.
it would also allow to help understand how some things works, cause its faster to paste a complicatet mechanic from other game into one of my levels, and re-build it. this way a dont have to change x-times between the original (where the function are i want to understand how something works) and my own save.

if there are a way to do that im sorry about this post :oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: copy/paste

Post by beowuuf »

For part 2), you can already do this if you understand the 'code' of the text file. Simply copy the correct items from the relevant text file to your text file. As long as their item references are different from yours, it should work fine!
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

yes, ill see this cause some help i get with questions at my other thread.
but the idea around this are another: to make things fast&simply..

all in all are this very nice editor user-friendly.thats why i thought, things like that would be forceful. im 33 years old and never have "code" something before, but this fact dont denote that i have no creativity...maybe it would help me (and others) to build their dungeons faster and better...and this way maybe the community gets some more sweet little lai`dungeons
HEHE
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You can also run multiple copies of the editor at the same time...
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

Aye it would be good thing to have. I have trought it too, it would be helpful sometimes, especially if you have done something to wrong level.
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

When I first started editing RTC, I used parts of DM2 as templates for building some pretty cool and interesting atmospheric effects. I'd run 2 copies of the editor one with my dungeon and the other with DM2. Try finding and following the relay chains that make up the weather for example. Now, I've just moved up to MUCH more complex chains, and trees.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone