Image in Preview box aligns with offset

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trego
Artisan

Image in Preview box aligns with offset

Post by Trego »

I think it would be nice if the images in the preview box would align themselves with their offsets from when you import them.

This would save a lot of loading and reloading of your dungeon just to check if the images are positioned correctly and the monster (for example) doesn't jump to much when it switches to a new image.

You could then just flick up and down through the listed images to see if they mesh together.
It's not a bug in the program, I've just gone and done something weird.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Image in Preview box aligns with offset

Post by Gambit37 »

Use Linflas's RTCIP tool for getting flooritems and wallitems offsets correctly.

This is generally my biggest issue with RTC. It takes a massive amount of time to get graphics positioned correctly. It really does need some kind of visual editing interface directly in the editor to get this right. Contunally loading and re-loading RTC just to test image positions is just soul destroying. It's why it takes me so long to build anything, because I waste far too much time tweaking instead of actually building. In a two hour session of creating new images for RTC, I estimate I load RTC around 60-70 times. With the load times involved, this is a real barrier to productivity.
Trego
Artisan

Re: Image in Preview box aligns with offset

Post by Trego »

While on the preview box.

If the items were to be displayed in the same location is if they were in the dungeon,
then an overlay/line dotting out wall and ceiling positions (that can be toggled on and off) would be handy too, to see locations of wall item side images, and to make monsters that can crawl over ceilings and walls (both by the same monster).
It's not a bug in the program, I've just gone and done something weird.