Stuck on First Level (DMJava)

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jubaal

Stuck on First Level (DMJava)

Post by Jubaal »

I'm embarrassingly stuck on the first level of Dungeon Master. I'm stuck in the room which has 6 levers with the letters A B C and W X Y on the wall. I've tried many different combinations but nothing seems to happen, though I don't have sound so I'm not sure is a door is opeing somewhere.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jubaal

Post by Guest »

Heh don't worry, solved it.

:D
Jubaal

Post by Jubaal »

Argggg next room has six levers and similar letters and the solution I thought I had doesn't work now. Heh guess I was just lucky the first time and do need some help.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm strange..I don't remember such a room in DM, certainly not one with letters on the wall like that...not off the top of my head anyway.
Jubaal

Post by Jubaal »

It's probably because I'm playing the java version. I didn't think I remembered it from the original either.

Thanks anyway
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, it's the expanded java version, and each room equates to a different line on the scroll nearby
Jubaal

Post by Jubaal »

Thanks Beowuuf, I just worked that out... honest!

Now I can't find a lock for the key. Good job I'm not a real adventurer eh!
Jubaal

Post by Jubaal »

On another note, I'm kinda stuck on trying to get passed the forcefield showing "Only the strong shall pass".

Now from memory (and it was many years ago for me) I thought you got your strongest character to throw something through the forcefield and it would open open it up.

Well I've used strength potions to buff my char up to 87 strength but despite throwing darts, rocks, knives and clubs the forcefield won't open.

Can anyone help?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

There isn't a button or something to deactivate the forcefield for a sec while you chuck something through, is there? Or errm...I know there's one bit where if you go up the other corridor to the left of the forcefield and hack the "None shall pass" door down, you can chuck something down the corridor from that end or errm...no you just pick up the chest and go back...
Bah I can't remember lol...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This is a TOUGH area you can only get to once, with many nasty undead you have to beat. Leave it for now, and come back with massively improved champions - you will probably find their strength and ability to boost strength will be sufficient then

I seem to recall the sling close by is a good wepaon for gettign through the forcefield with, but I've not played it enough to remember
Jubaal

Post by Jubaal »

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I've gone as far as I can on this level. I've opened all the doors I can and I'm left with a gold key from the last lever room that I can't seem to use anywhere.

Any advice?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

on the first level, there are three doors at the end - you have a key to open one of the two facing doors (one is the set of lever rooms). You do all the five lever rooms, and get a key that is usable on the third door to go downstairs, i seem to recall...
Cobra
Neophyte

Post by Cobra »

Just started - stuck on 1st level - HELP .
room with 6 levers - can't find scroll which should help me find the combination.

Is there a walkthrough ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

look around that area there is a scroll in an alcove beyond the four rooms

no walkthrough, but the dmjava forums have a few solutions
flirtylin
Neophyte

Post by flirtylin »

hi....i know it has been said that the solution to the levers on lvl 1 is in the scroll....now i know i'm blonde but i just cant work it out...can someone help please
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Take the first letter of each word in a line - that gives you the levers to pull, and the order

The letters in each room should be such you can work out which room corresponds to which line - hope that explains it!
flirtylin
Neophyte

Post by flirtylin »

thanks will try that now x
flirtylin
Neophyte

Post by flirtylin »

is it the scroll that says what combination will unlock etc cause if it is i still cant work it out :cry:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't recall requiring an order for the rooms - but if you take the lines of the scroll in order and then the words of the scroll in order it should do it.

Sorry, it's bee na few years now since I played this, but this should be the solution!
Butch
Neophyte

Post by Butch »

Hiya guys,

only jus joined and apologies for bringing up an old thread!!!

but... I am completely stuck on these 5 doors, switches and the scroll!!!

pleeeeeease someone help me! :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This has been dealt with many, many times on the various forums but I'll go through it again

Each line on the scroll corresponds to a room (i forget if they are in order, but it's obvious whch room is which). The first letters of each word tell you which levers to pull, in which order. I think you can do the rooms themselves in any order.
Butch
Neophyte

Post by Butch »

Mate, THANK YOU! i have been struggling with that simple one for 2 weeks lol ....

not constantly of course, jus 30mins a night lol
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's a weird logic one that many poeple get stuck on!

There are alot of threads on the old dmjava forum too if you get stuck on later areas. I think the ending and the path of the dead trip alot of people up
Butch
Neophyte

Post by Butch »

is the dmjava forum here or somewhere else buddy?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »