Spell List and question about long hall

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ishtrea
Neophyte

Spell List and question about long hall

Post by Ishtrea »

Hello, this is my 2nd post. On the first one, you all were great and got me the answer.

1. Is there a spell list anywhere. I have like 9 written down, but was wondering if there was a complete one somewhere.

2. Is there a way to edit a dungeon that my team is already in without starting over?

3. On the level with the HUGE open room, there is a long hallway at the bottom. I can't get the northern door to open at the end of the hall the way it is supposed to. Does anyone know how this puzzle works?

Thank you
Ishtarea / Rob
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

1 - Yeah, try the DM Encyclopaedia at http://dmweb.free.fr/
2 - No, I don't think so - you'd have to edit the actual saved game and I'm pretty sure that's not possible...
3 - Umm...has been a year or so since I last played DM so I can't remember, and I can't be arsed to go up to my room atm and get the hint book. I just seem to remember doing that bit (I presume you're referring to the long corridor in the south of Level 8 with the spinner halfway down so it seems like it goes on forever) by walking down it a certain number of steps, then turning round when I hit the spinner and keep going to the end where there's umm...stuff. Maybe the door you're talking about is opened by a floor pad, since I don't remember there being any buttons or whatever on the wall in that area...
I'm sure someone else will give you a more informative answer though ;).
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

3 - pay attention to the floor and stop when you think you've gone far enough, then turn around...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As you can see, to avoid confusion best to post the engine you are refering to - it'sd DMJAva, right? And you are playing the default dungeon?

1. If you look on the other forum you might find some hints or actual runes for the non-DM spells, such as goodberries, burning hands, and the bow/sword spell, and strip defenses
2. - I believe you can edit the saved game in DMJava. If the room is just passed the rats, then there is not a simple route, you are in an invisible maze....use items on the floor to find the save winding path...if it's the room i think!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oops, sorry, didn't even notice this was in the DMJava forum.... :oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It wasn't, I took the liberty of moving it from the general DM forum :)
Luppo
Neophyte

Post by Luppo »

In dmj you can edit the saved game. I had to erase a door in EOBII, because it did not function maybe due to a lacking ability in dmj. Well, I guess I have to erase another door too, because even the trick said in a walk through guide does not open that door. Also in BlackCastle1-dungeon I had to erase some blocks besides stairs, because somehow when I come down, the stairs are facing to the wall instead of the corridor. And I know how to compile the dmj so that cursed items do not affect me, heh, heh. Well I had to, because there was no remove curse and I needed my hands to proceed... until I just erased the door because the ability with hands just didn't work.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, that's right, there is a remove curse spell that produces a potion, and like poisoning drinking more and more removes greater and greater curses until you can free yourself
Milna
Novice

Update on Spell list?

Post by Milna »

I've got the old spell list for the original game from DM Encyclopaedia, but weren't there a few that didn't work in DM Java as well as a few new ones?

Does anyone have a complete DM Java spell list?
When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation...
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

If there was ever a DMJ spell list, unfortunately, I've never come across one. If you give me a couple of days, I'll go through the "spell" code, that way I can give you the name of all the spells used in DMJ.

In the meantime, just use the default DM ones - the main ones do work in DMJ.