patchs

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
thersh
Neophyte

patchs

Post by thersh »

I just downloaded Dungeon Master Java and wondered if I needed to get the patches and if so are they still available. Especially the one for the editor not loading games, after the switch is pushed to release the rocks that have the compass. I know this is an old site and the patches may not be available and longer. The link for that patch and others are not working, but I’m sure thats well know. If anyone can point me to a download let me know. If not, than thanks for your time.

Tom Hershberger
thersh
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Hi thersh,

DMJava's main download site is Alan Berfield's site. The version is 1.05, and I've not seen any previous incarnations.

I know that Kelly is working on some changes / modifications to squeeze more functionality into the game. Check out Germanny's site as both Kelly's work and Germanny's addition graphics are hosted there.

The dungeon is tough, that comes with the game, but a 'list of dungeons' can be found in the 'Custom Dungeons' section.

Also there is a DMJava 'section' in this forum, so post in there if you have any specific DMJava questions.

And welcome!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, 1.05 needs no patching, it's the latest, and germanny's sight gives indication of everything...I'll move this to the relevant forum once it's been answered, since I now realise people don't check all the forums and can get confused if the post disappears

(Shadow topics are not a good idea, as you can't remove them sop clutter up the thread you were tryign to not clutter)

And yes, welcome tothe wonderful world of DM!
thersh
Neophyte

Post by thersh »

Thanks for the replys. I'm not new the DM world just to the Java version. My main problem and the reason for the post is that I can not load any of the saved games into DMeditor after pushing a switch on the first level. I had read somewhere about a patch for that problem. I tried to post on the DM java site, but had problems. I will look for any other posts on the DM java area.

Thanks for your replies
Tom Hershberger
thersh
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, if it's an old saved game then there might be compatibility issues with the newer release, I couldn't say...ok since you knwo it will happen now, I'll move this topic :D
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Just a quick note, if you download the DMJ installer from Germanny's site, you will find that there's nothing else you'll need.

He has also included all his latest graphic packs in the same file, so you'll have quite alot to look at.
This changes the style of gameplay and adds a little more atmosphere.

As for editing save games, you can't. I did at one time try to download the DMJ patches myself - without success. As it stands, this is a DMJ clitch, and not something you've done.

If you do mange to get a download, let me know if you got it working, and I'll include it with the next addon pack.
thersh
Neophyte

Post by thersh »

I could load saved games in to the editor, until I pushed the button at 0,13,32. It targets 0,17,23. I can still load the game in the editor standing before the button, not pushed. The next saved game and all others after the button is pushed will not load in the editor. This is not a problem playing the game, but it was nice to look around if I was stumped.

There is a message in the DM java forum from Alan about this problem. He indicated there was a patch for it. That is why I started this post.

Thanks again
Tom Hershberger
thersh
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Ah, try the latest downloads from Germanny then.
Just install his latest GFX package, it'll automatically install for you.

As for the editing the save games, I will check this myself.

EDIT:- No probs here. You can edit the "default" dungeon and any saved game from any custom dungeon.

I've tried the exact coordinates you stated earlier. I had no problems editing the saved game, after the button was pressed.
I'm using the latest download of DMJ from Germanny. (GFX pack).
thersh
Neophyte

Post by thersh »

Thanks again for your time and replies.

Tom Hershberger
thersh