Using Kelly's addon pack with DMJ/OS X

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Llamatron
Neophyte

Using Kelly's addon pack with DMJ/OS X

Post by Llamatron »

Would it be possible to use the new graphics and their updated code with the Mac OS X version of DMJ?

There's no "classes" directory, at least in the build that I have (the most recent off Alan's site) so I seem to be at a loss with the code. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated- the new graphics are stunning, and the town/outdoors areas look excellent.

Thanks!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Ohh, now I recall that there was a different version for the Mac. Dont know why as Java is supposed to be platform independent..... But the reality is never the same as the sales pitch is it. I seemed to have got the impression that Alan actually did the development on a Mac. I may be wrong there.
The only way to incorporate Kelly's changes would be to ask him for his source code and compare!
I have no 'classes' directory either, but lots of class files in the 'root' of the application.
The graphics are indeed stunning. Agreed there.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

I once unpacked the mac version on the pc to see if anything was different and maybe "add" it into the pc version.
As far as I could tell, they are both the same - but unfortuately, I lacked the necessary utils at the time to look at it any further.

The Java code itself, I believe would be the same, after all the language can't be that different, and I assume the commands would be the same.

There is a directory within the unpacked mac version, with the class files in. If you're willing to take the chance and overwrite them, it might be worth just trying and see. I have no expreience with the mac version, so I can't give an absolute answer either way.

I have tried to download the mac version again from Alan's site, without success, but if you're willing to send me the class files via email, I'll be more than happy to take a look. I can still compare them with the pc version without the actual sourcecode.
Llamatron
Neophyte

Post by Llamatron »

Kelly wrote: There is a directory within the unpacked mac version, with the class files in. If you're willing to take the chance and overwrite them, it might be worth just trying and see. I have no expreience with the mac version, so I can't give an absolute answer either way.

I have tried to download the mac version again from Alan's site, without success, but if you're willing to send me the class files via email, I'll be more than happy to take a look. I can still compare them with the pc version without the actual sourcecode.
It looks like the class files seem to be equivalent to the contents of the Source folder in the Mac version. Unfortunately, they're different file types, so I can't directly overwrite them.

The whole source directory for the Mac version is only 3.5 meg, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to e-mail that to you. If inbox space is at a premium, I can remove the relevant files and just send those.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

@ Llamatron - If it's possible, send me the entire compressed file. I have extraction utils installed now that will open it.
If you have any probs sending it, I don't mind split files.
I would DL it myself, but the link still don't work.
As for storage, no probs here, I'm allowed up to a gig.
Last edited by Kelly on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llamatron
Neophyte

Post by Llamatron »

Kelly wrote:@ Llamatron - If it's possible, send me the entire uncompressed file. I have extraction utils installed now that will open it.
If you have any probs sending it, I don't mind split files.
I would DL it myself, but the link still don't work.
As for storage, no probs here, I'm allowed up to a gig.
I zipped the whole source folder (I assumed this would be more convenient than sending 26 seperate e-mails with five files per attached; Yahoo won't accept the folder uncompressed) and sent it to the address in your profile.

Thanks for your help with this! :)