CHANGED GRAPHICS NOW NO KEYHOLES HELP!

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
tiggy!
Novice

CHANGED GRAPHICS NOW NO KEYHOLES HELP!

Post by tiggy! »

Hey i changed my dmj graphics to the green dungeon ones from germany and now there are no keyholes in the original dungeon.

HELP

i can re install and try to change the graphics again, can someone tell me how to do it right so this kinda thing doesnt happen?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

(re-post of reply)

Hello tiggy

Your original post is here in the DMJava forum which is most applicable, your original double posts in the DM forum and in the News section were deleted as they were unneccessary and you might find counter-productive

I hope you realise that alot of us aren't as familiar with DMJava as we can be, and people aren't aroudn all the time to give you instant replies. Hopefully someone like kelly or ian_sho can help you soon-ish

Be patient in the meantime, check the graphics folder and look for files called keyhole, see if they are perhaps mis-named
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Hi Tiggy!

You can pm me your email address and tonight I can send you the contents of my dmjava/map directory for you to copy->paste over. That should solve your problem.

ian.scho ---->@<---- gmail.com

I cant imagine why <quote>"there are no keyholes in the original dungeon." With alternative wallsets I usually find the original wallset occasionally seen alongside the new one, if the new set hasnt got the actual image to replace... Or the game engine hasnt implemented this sort of customisation. Just looks a little odd, that's all and I can carry on playing with no problems.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Just double check that you've copied all the green wall graphics into the main maps folder in DMJ. All the main hardcoded graphics have to be in this folder in order for it to work - not a custom folder.

Like Ian said, if something hasn't copied correctly, the default wallset should still show up alongside the custom wallset. Are you sure you haven't deleted the main "Maps" folder by mistake?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Yep! Spot on again, Kelly. We've been pasting over the originals and not deleting the contents of the directory.
Now needs the original wall set directory again. Will send tiggy! a copy this evening.
myjean17
Novice

Re: CHANGED GRAPHICS NOW NO KEYHOLES HELP!

Post by myjean17 »

Shouldn't you copy the contents into the default maps folder instead of replacing the entire folder?
Roquen
Artisan

Re: CHANGED GRAPHICS NOW NO KEYHOLES HELP!

Post by Roquen »

A better solution is to keep in a subdirectory and change the 'level pic's directory' in the editor.