Addon-Pack v0.2

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kelly
Artisan

Addon-Pack v0.2

Post by Kelly »

I'm in the process of merging Solito's modifications into the next addon pack.

These modifications date back to 2005, but there's some cool stuff here.
The editor is having a new look at the moment, with the help of Solitos' addon pack. Here's a piccie:-

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6495 ... ardko9.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4051 ... ardyq3.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6373/w ... ardmg8.jpg

The wizards for most of the editor has been reworked, including the option to load a saved party.
Modifications to the actual gameplay make it more like the original DM, with a stack of new goodies.

UPDATE:-

Re-added the new GFX addon pack switch mechanisms.
All wall decoration from both GFX packs have now been added.
The town/house doorways have now been coded as switches, both for the rainy and snow versions.
Optional graphics for the alcoves and fountains have been "tidied up" and with combining Solito's work with my own, we can now have optional backdrops for any mapset.
All documentation will be provided shortly, along with Solito's original readme file.

I've scoured the forums to try and contact Solito. If your still around, get in touch.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Dont know where you found Solito's work but nice find!
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Although, not as yet, complete, you can download the Addon-Pack v0.2 here:- (if your curious as to the new modifications)

http://www.freewebs.com/dmjmodifications/

Still the multiple switches and underwater level to do.

Documentation is included, along with Solito's original readme file.
Milna
Novice

Post by Milna »

Kelly,

Ridiculous work! Absolutely fantastic! I am salivating :wink:. Now I don't have to worry about compensating for the default low-exp gain! I really hope I can make a dungeon that will do justice to all your hard work!

Are you going to hard code the fireplace and bookcase as wall switches for that "bucket of water" or "replacing the missing book" option?

-Mike

PS- My fiancee hates you for giving me all of these new things to play with :wink: !
When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation...
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Yeap, the fireplace and bookcase are being done now. I'll re-upload the new addon-pack updates soon. :wink:

And my apologizes to your fiancee! And BTW, there will be an addon-pack v0.3! :lol:
Milna
Novice

Post by Milna »

Just checkin on the Exp modifiers, Kelly.

The level exp modifiers are just multiples, correct? In other words, by changing the exp modifier to 3 instead of 1, it would multiply all exp gained by 3 on that particular dungeon level?

Also, how does one view the config file changes you included, such as "showspell" or "showexperience?"
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Yeap, the exp modifier works like you said and the config file can be opened and edited in notepad. (dmnew.cfg). :wink:
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

DMJ Addon-Pack v0.1 and v0.2 are up on the DMJ modifications websites.
(Check the sticky thread for the DL links).

Both are self-exe installers, which will automatically install the necessary files to the preferred Dungeon Master Java directory. Full documentation is included.

Enjoy and happy Dungeoneering!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Glad you got the self installers working, Kelly. It'll make it easier to setup for many.
Milna
Novice

Post by Milna »

Things are running great, Kelly. The delete and re-install worked out. It also helped tidy up all of the obselete folders! Much easier to locate things now :wink: !

Can't wait to see the underwater level!
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

I'm glad it worked out okay. :wink:

The underwater level will be available v0.3, sorry I couldn't bundle it with addon-pack v0.2.

My website only allows for 35meg storage, plus there's still folk out there using dail-up modems, so I'm trying to keep the filesizes manageable. 35meg in one go, can take a few hours...

I'll update the forum on the progress of 0.3, with a few piccies soon.