Portraits not appearing

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Weaver Stebb
Neophyte

Portraits not appearing

Post by Weaver Stebb »

Hi there,

I've got DMJava up and running and wanted to go through the original Dungeon Master. However, when I start the custom game, the portraits in the Hall of Champions are empty and when they are resurrected they have no portraits in the inventory screen either.

I've had a look at the FAQ but there's nothing in there about it.

What am I doing wrong ?

Any help would be gratefully received

edit :- Just triedf installing V1.05 but its saying i don't have Java 1.4. I'm running Vista so could that be the problem ?

WS
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It could be the graphics folder hasn't ben unpacked correctly - make sure the portraits are actually available in ...i'm not sure the correct folder, but it's worth a check
Weaver Stebb
Neophyte

Post by Weaver Stebb »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. There are portraits of the original characters in the Dungeon Master Java\Heroes\DM folder and the same people in the Dungeon Master Java\Dungeons\dmj_dungeon_dm_original\dungeon_master_dungeon\Heroes folder.

I'm running the original via the custom option in DMJava and using the Dungeon Master Java\Dungeons\dmj_dungeon_dm_original\dungeon_master_dungeon\Dungeons\dmorig13.dat file.

Does this seem ok or should I have moved the folders around ?

Its so close to working ok :)

Thanks

WS
Milna
Novice

Post by Milna »

All portraits should simply be in the Dungeon Master Jave/Heroes folder. Having them in Heroes/DM won't work. You need to take them out of the DM and just copy them into the main Heroes folder.
When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation...
Weaver Stebb
Neophyte

Post by Weaver Stebb »

Thats done it. Thanks very much for your help ! Hoping to complete DM this time. Had it on the Atari ST and never quite got to the end of it !

Thanks again

WS